PDA

View Full Version : CO Camdistance Fix - very helpfull

SpOOk
01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi folks!

Just wanted to let you know, I found a quite usefull workarround to the camdistance "bug" in CO.

bind camcycledist to a key, over the keybinds menu or by entering "/bind <key> camcycledist (I used middle mouse button). This makes this button switch between 3 fixed camdistances, which can be set with the following commands: "/cam_near <value>" "cam_mid <value>" and just to make it complete "cam_far" which should take a value, but just plain doesn't. I've set em to 50 and 100, leaving the far setting by default, since it can't be changed.

The result is normal scrolling within the given range with mousewheel, while clicking mousewheel now switches between all the way scrolled out and two beautifull new camdistances, which allow you to finally see the incoming-warning at the Nameplates.

Hope this wasn't allready widely known,

Spk

Kiserai
01-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Good call.

Had to do the same type of thing in CoH. Cryptic apparently likes to give everyone tunnelvision :?

SpOOk
01-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Yeah, but after beeing able to zoom out to 100, i noticed the snowflakes only appear at a certain area around the character ^^ nice faking, cryptic, I'd say...