PDA

View Full Version : CO Applicatin: Takenzo

Takenzo
12-05-2009, 03:22 AM
Which branch(es) are you joining us in? (Aion, Champs, DDO): Champions Online

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) Yes I am 28 years old

Are you a member of any other guild in that game? No I'm not

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with? Kaylum Keitaro/Munitions/12

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? No friends, no plans to procreate here either lol

Did you read our charter and rules? Which rules translation was your favorite? Rule 12 in the guideline lol

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids) Not really an issue, my playtime is usually after my wife is asleep, so me lmao in Vent would probably wake her up lol, but I can listen in NP!

Answer the following 4 questions. PROTIP: if your answer is shorter than the question, we will make fun of you for being boring.
1. What's the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you have ever done: Damn, thats a tough one, I was once at a cafe with a friend and I was trying to fart quietly, it ended up being EPIC in it's volume, I simply looked at my friend in disgust when people started to turn and look at us, they seemed to buy it and think I was the polite one, lmao.
2. What is your Zombie Plan? Pretty much the same as that guy off the helicopter in Full metal jacket.
3. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <name of drink>: I will no longer drink non alcoholic drinks . . . . because there is no alcohol in them.
4. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming: I have been a martial artist all my life, 2 years ago I was ranked 5th in England on the amatuer kickboxing circuit, I am currently in training and would like to fight in a cage, lol

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you make below:
Favorite Type of Music: Metal
Favorite Movie: Yojimbo
Favorite Book: Sun Tzu: The art of war
Favorite Drink: Larger
Favorite Non MMO Game: Modern Warfare 2 at the moment, or the DMC series

Yensid
12-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Please take a moment to read some of the accepted applications as this one needs more meat on it. There are a few things..

1) Translation means changing into another language. If you read the rules thread you would see that there is several different translations of the rules. It's mostly to gauge your sense of humor.

2) The dumbest thing you ever did was fart? That's not an act of stupidity, that is a bodily function that was embarassing. dumb implies you tried to think something through and it failed on an epic level.

Farting and it stunk NOT dumb. Lighting your fart and your ass hair catching on fire is dumb.

3) the zombie plan is actually taken seriously. It's a measure of your thought process and creativity. Just saying it would be the same as someone in a movie doesn't tell us more about who you are.

4) All number 3 told us about you is just you are a drunk..not always a bad thing but..

5) The marital Artist thing is cool! Tell us more about it!

Pretty much the problem is we don't know much about you from this application. We want to know you, seriously. Don't take my comments as some insult or telling you to go away. Take a few minutes and beef up your answers. Remember we don't know you from the hobo pissing on the street corner. This is your introduction to us. Again, we want to get to know you so please, open up.

Also, get in vent/game and chat with us.

Zandar1
12-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Farting and it stunk NOT dumb. Lighting your fart and your ass hair catching on fire is dumb.

That's silly, not dumb.

Now doing that in a warehouse full of pyrotechnics on the set of a Hollywood blockbuster's special effects department right when Scarlett Johansson walks in is DUMB.

In all seriousness, what Yensid said and then some. Whatcha got now is a start...that's it.

http://nerdgirltalking.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/miley-book-cover1.jpg

You got miles to go.

Dao Jones
12-05-2009, 09:34 AM
I Googled "British Kickboxers", and got this guy:

[hsimg:oc9jrn29]http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/still/tekken02.jpg[/hsimg:oc9jrn29]

In other news, apparently there's going to be a movie based on Tekken out in the theaters next year. The guy in that pic is playing Bryan Fury.

CptSquash
12-05-2009, 11:47 AM
He made a fart joke and it wasn't funny. I don't know how that is possible. Toilet humor is the funniest thing on the planet.

I am still amused at this point that quite a few people don't take the very fine advice from the recruitment thread. If they did there would be less uninspired applications.... maybe not.

Interpret the following pic as a judgment of the current state of this application.

http://www.ugo.com/filmtv/top11-classicrock/images/fullmetaljacket.jpg

Dao Jones
12-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Is his app for fighting, or fun?

Takenzo
12-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Listen, I'm not going to sit here and decipher what it is you want me to say, I answered the questions, If I got it wrong then this obviously isn't the place for me. I'm not going to crawl through someone elses answers to decide how to answer for myself lol, you win some you loose some, don't worry about :)

So I'm sorry to have wasted your time with this app, and this is a great SG so good luck in the future to all of you, maybe I'll see you around ;)

~Tak

CptSquash
12-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Listen, I'm not going to sit here and decipher what it is you want me to say, I answered the questions, If I got it wrong then this obviously isn't the place for me. I'm not going to crawl through someone elses answers to decide how to answer for myself lol, you win some you loose some, don't worry about :)

So I'm sorry to have wasted your time with this app, and this is a great SG so good luck in the future to all of you, maybe I'll see you around ;)

~Tak

And that is that then. Just a few hoops that's all that is asked.

http://1winedude.com/wp-content/uploads/ZenWineTheDeathofWineMultitasking_B1D0/pottery_shard_chuck_norris8x6.jpg

Yensid
12-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Oh dear, did I break another one? I really must be more careful.

Fennec
12-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Moving the app, burying the bodies.