PDA

View Full Version : CO App @wh0seline

boomhauer
10-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Forum name of Applicant: Boomhauer

Which game are you applying for membership in? (AoC, WAR, other): Champions Online
Are you a member of any other guild in that game? Yes, They all migrated however
Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) Ya, of course. I think the big draw to you guys was the castration bit thrown in...

Male or Female? Male

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with? Conductor@wh0seline, Telek, 22

How did you find us? Forums, sounded like a fun group, I was in a clan called team slackers for a while, where were just a good group of guys that shot the shit and play FPS's. I enjoyed the hell out of it, and its a shame there arn't more relaxed groups out there dedicated to this type of play style.

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? nah

Tell us one thing we could do to improve our Guild Charter or Code of Conduct: I wouldn't really have a code of conduct. and dictate, "don't bitch."

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids) No I love it. I played Star wars Galaxies for years and over half the fun was over voice programs

Fully answer the following 5 questions:
1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done? Climbed the side of a 22 floor hotel, drunk in Panama City, Florida. My family have a beach house down there and in high school me and some buddies got drunk, and decided to scale the side of a building. we got halfway up and then were arrested--ended up being funny many months later. We smiled in our MS's...

2. What is generally more important: the needs of an individual, or the "common good" of society? Kantian duty, Egoism, Re-Egoism, Utilitarianism, Aristotle Virtues. I dunno which I'd pick today. Since you guys wanted more... I think utility should be deemed onto those who deserve it. That is, if I put in 20 hours of contributions and joe blow puts in 2, even though joe and I are friends--it'd be lame to just give him equal rewards.
3. What is your Zombie Plan? : fire woody harrelson and watch shaun of the dead. Well it'd depend if i could catch a zombie... cage it and keep it around for fun. And if i was changed into the living dead thats fine to do the same to me. keep me in a shed or something and fire bottle rockets at me on the fourth of July.

4. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <name of drink>. I really drink everything. well maybe natural light-- I hate that stuff. Not really a story, just think it tastes like water, and it gives me head aches.
5. Tell us about a conflict you had with one of your coworkers/guild members. How did you resolve it? : I worked at john deere for three years in parts. one new guy kept talking about all the "pussy" he was getting, and it wasn't funny, and we knew he was bullshitting. We had a storage shelf that you have to climb a ladder to get to and he got up there one day and i kicked the ladder down. then, a coworker and myself shot him with a paintball gun. He ended up getting transferred.

What has been your favorite class out of all the MMO's you've played? Eve-online: Drones. I liked the chaos of sitting in the back while swarms of drones attack other ships, more a RTS type fun.

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you make below:
• Favorite Team: Florida State Seminoles. Born in France and raised in Tallahassee florida
• Favorite Movie: Goodfellas, any Martin Scorsese flick. I'm also a huge fan of gangster films and the sopranos
• Favorite Book: the quantity theory of insanity, hilarious book by will self, british humor, check it out!
• Favorite Drink: Red Wine. french. :S
• Favorite Non MMO Game: Battlefield series--like i said above, I've had a great many nights just hanging out and playing matches of BF2 with some buddies until the wee hours of the night.

lackland
10-24-2009, 01:26 PM
This application is very ... slim, plus you missed to answer on of the questions.
Browse around in the Approved Application section and come back and get some more meat on the application.

boomhauer
10-24-2009, 03:38 PM
ya, i didn't really have drink Ill never drink again. maybe everclear?

Pragmat
10-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Seriously, you really want to beef up your application. Funny stories, original thoughts, drunken ramblings, insane narratives... give us something to work with here. Think of us as a girl on first date... you aren't getting any if you don't woo us damnit. Also, don't skimp on the booze.

Death_Rictus
10-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Seriously, you really want to beef up your application. Funny stories, original thoughts, drunken ramblings, insane narratives... give us something to work with here. Think of us as a girl on first date... you arent getting any if you dont woo us damnit. Also, don's skimp on the booze.

So far, your application is like trying to pick up a celebrity and your mode of transportation is the bus.

Dao Jones
10-24-2009, 09:32 PM
So far, your application is like trying to pick up a celebrity and your mode of transportation is the bus.
I would just like to say that this made me actually laugh in real life. :lol:

Woot
10-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Seriously, you really want to beef up your application. Funny stories, original thoughts, drunken ramblings, insane narratives... give us something to work with here. Think of us as a girl on first date... you aren't getting any if you don't woo us damnit. Also, don't skimp on the booze.

This text should really be permanent on the app.

Sage
10-25-2009, 12:03 AM
1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done? Climbed the side of a 22 floor hotel, drunk in Panama City, Florida.

This sounds like far too good of a story to be born and killed within a single sentence. Please, do go on.

Dao Jones
10-25-2009, 12:30 AM
1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done? Climbed the side of a 22 floor hotel, drunk in Panama City, Florida.

This sounds like far too good of a story to be born and killed within a single sentence. Please, do go on.
Sage has the bead here. This story needs more outing than George Michaels in his Wham! era.

Dao Jones
10-25-2009, 08:07 AM
This guy is already looking for a new SG on the official forums. I'm gonna assume he lost interest.

boomhauer
10-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Nah, I wanted to join yalls group, as yall seemed a bit more laid back and fun than others, but I guess I didnt make the cut

Woot
10-25-2009, 09:27 AM
I think Dao thought you had lost interest. Check over the accepted apps and compare them to your own. Then go back and sexy up your app. You haven't been officially rejected at this point despite the fact this app is in the rejection section at the moment. You need two officer's no votes or Dao's Rejectostamp™ to be rejected for really reals.

boomhauer
10-25-2009, 09:34 AM
ah ok, will do man. I winged it initially, obviously. I didn't know you folks wanted a detailed app, but ill give her another go.

-cheers

Dao Jones
10-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Nah, I wanted to join yalls group, as yall seemed a bit more laid back and fun than others, but I guess I didnt make the cut
If you're still interested, then I'll move you back up. I assumed you had moved on, as you hadn't really fleshed out your app, and I hadn't seen you in game. But I'll put you back into the hopper, since you're still here.

Pragmat
10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
I HIGHLY recommend checking out the accepted applications. Use the app to tell us about yourself. Take your time... relax... have fun... no, dont do that... ew, stop it, stop it, stop it... thats just wrong...

boomhauer
10-26-2009, 05:09 PM
I updated my app

Dao Jones
10-26-2009, 05:33 PM
You John Deere guys dispense some serious "frontier justice".

Red wine is good, but California makes better wine than the French, in my humble opinion.

Good updates though. Catch up with us in game.

Fennec
10-29-2009, 02:44 AM
I will give a tentative Yes.

Jayhawk
10-29-2009, 06:34 AM
This guy is already looking for a new SG on the official forums. I'm gonna assume he lost interest.

Well, we're not everyone's particular brand of vodka. Which is okay.

Whenever they chaff at the code of conduct that's always a red flag.

greenmeanie
10-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Whenever they chaff at the code of conduct that's always a red flag.

Kinda what I thought, but the applicant has given more thought to the questions. I hope everyone that comes here would understand that we need to have some guidelines to a growing online community, lately we've started to include things that many of us would think as being implied or should be included in our respectful line, but it seems we've grown to the point that we need to include some specifically. With out it we'd be more chaotic than we already are.

How's he in game for you guys?

You're french, yes? I want to visit France someday, will you come with and be my guide?

Dampyre
11-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for adding to the app.. We are not real up tight but we had to come up with some method for getting a look into the person joining.. mostly because SG size is limited an we get a lot of apps.. So using hteir awesome (read barely coherent) power of observation, our leadership came up with an app that lets a little of who the applicant is show through. So for us its a tool only to see if you are 1) interesting. 2) have a thick enough skin to laugh of criticism of the app. 3) care enough to check back here and banter with us here and in game...

at this point my suggest is in game type /channel_join wildcards introduce you self and mingle .. let us see a little of who you are .. and or join us on vent per information below.
vent: vent.unrepentantgaming.org port 6490.
http://www.unrepentantgaming.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1509

Dao Jones
11-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Haven't seen this cat in a few days. Wonder if he's still interested.

Again.

Peacecorpse
11-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Voting no.. It's been a week since his last response.

Fennec
11-02-2009, 02:12 PM
*poke*