PDA

View Full Version : DJ Hero

Belirahc
10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah yeah, I know... lots of people laugh at other people who stand around and click plastic strumbars for Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I use to be one of the ones being laughed at. However, it's was fun as heck and I didn't have to actually learn how to play a guitar to play a guitar. :lol:

I sucked at drums.

Anyway, now I can be laughed at for being a faker DJ. DJ Hero is coming out at the end of October. I've already got it on pre-order and am waiting ... not so patiently for it. I've seen the song and mix lists, and there are some really interesting mash ups in the game. But what I am most looking forward to are the Daft Punk mixes. Daft Punk has been one of my favorite electronica/techno duos and I'm jazzed at seeing them actually in the game and doing their thing.

Aygen
10-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Played it at Best Buy today, It's actually really fun. I plan on getting it.

Docdeath
10-11-2009, 04:37 PM
I've been looking forward to this game for a looooong time. Lots of nice mixes seen in the previews, including my fav DJ Shadow.

Kiserai
10-12-2009, 08:22 AM
So what does that game consist of? Hitting the "next" button on a media player and trying to keep drunken guests from throwing up on your equipment? :?

Proccor
10-12-2009, 08:28 AM
So what does that game consist of? Hitting the "next" button on a media player and trying to keep drunken guests from throwing up on your equipment? :?

[youtube:27c48v7l]S9loz95y7vk[/youtube:27c48v7l]

It has Daft Punk which would be an instant buy from me if I didn't already have plans for my disposable income this month.

Howler
10-12-2009, 11:56 AM

I actually thought it consisted of plugging in your iPod and hitting the shuffle button. That takes all that messy "hanging around waiting to push the next button" business out of the equation.

Before anyone explains that it does not consist of that, I believe Kiserai and I are making fun of the modern "DJ", who hasn't mixed anything since his crayola paints in 1st grade. Carry on.

Narfington
10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, after hearing Daft Punk was gonna be in it, made me kinda wanna buy. Not sure I will though...but had I the money.

Belirahc
10-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Ok, I got my DJ Hero game yesterday, and I'm enjoying it. The mixes, for the most part, are very well done and entertaining. The difficulty is there to be sure (I'm playing easy to get use to the mixes at the moment). 5 levels (Beginner, Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert) that add new elements at each level, so you can learn as you play.

I like it, as does my son who dances to the music as daddy pretends to be a DJ. ^_^