PDA

View Full Version : CO Duinan comes a knockin'

Duinan
09-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Forum name of Applicant: Duinan

Which game are you applying for membership in? (AoC, WAR, other): CO
Are you a member of any other guild in that game? Nope
Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) Yes - and then some.

Male or Female? Male

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with? Rockman/Might/25 (and a host of alts)

How did you find us? CO Forum & word of mouth

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? No - not yet.

Tell us one thing we could do to improve our Guild Charter or Code of Conduct: Offer free beer? Okay - add Champs to the Charter with the other named games. And offer free beer.

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids) No issues (at least with Vent)

Fully answer the following 5 questions:
1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done? Paid money to see Highlander III: The Sorcerer. (Bit o' trivia - after Highlander II tanked, there was a rumor that III would be called "Highlander III: The Apology".)
2. What is generally more important: the needs of an individual, or the "common good" of society? Depends on the individual. And the society. And the definition of "common good". And whether or not it's a need or a want. Personal philosophy - if it ain't broke, don't let the government fix it.
3. What is your Zombie Plan? Zombie Plan 1835-A: Using a generator, power up a large strobe light, since zombies can't blink their eyes. While they are blinded, turn half of the group around, so that they are facing each other. Being blind, they reach out and grab whoever is in front of them. Since they can't feel anything, they will be half-masticated before they catch on. (Zombies aren't all that smart). In the meantime, a liberal dose of gasoline leftover from the generator, and we have zombie flambe! (remember to bring marshmallows)
4. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <name of drink>. Sloe Gin Fizz - it's a foamy pink drink that uses carbonated water. It fizzes going down - Fizzes even harder going back up. Retching up this drink produces foaming pink suds out of both mouth and nose, looking suspiciously like a deep-sea fish that's been brought to the surface too quickly.
5. Tell us about a conflict you had with one of your coworkers/guild members. How did you resolve it? I've been in guilds since '95 (online text MUD. Terris anyone?). The conflicts I've had to settle would fill a book. A boring book, since most of the fights were over something that sounded completely trivial to those outside of the fight. (Isn't that the way it usually is?) But who has time to write a book, when there are mobs to stomp? Typically, the resolutions involve a lot of calm talk, trying to get them both to see a bit of the other side. Some conflicts cannot be resolved when one or more of the parties just flat out refuse to try. At that point, someone has to get the hook. Thankfully, those don't happen too often.

What has been your favorite class out of all the MMO's you've played? I tend to favor classes with pets.I have no problems sending my minions in to take the brunt of the battle. None.

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you make below:
Favorite Team: Gators! (Wait - there other teams?)
Favorite Movie: Animal House. Every line is a classic. "Thank you sir, may I have another".
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land. First Sci-Fi book I ever read, and it had sex! Woot!
Favorite Drink: Beer - Microbrew preferably. Free is good too.
Favorite Non MMO Game: Poker. Even though I'm lousy at it. Really I am. Anyone interested in playing? Maybe a bit of cash to make it interesting?

Woot
09-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Seems like a decent lad but not a stunner of an app. Please understand we only have less than 20 slots left. If you really want to get in, you'll either have to charm everyone in game or pimp out this app or both.

Here's a secret protip for you: Submit an awesome "dumb story."

Aygen
09-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Here's a secret protip for you: Submit an awesome "dumb story."

Truth, I had to fracture both my ankles to get in.

Dao Jones
09-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Heh. Highlander III was terrible.

Yeah, I have a good feeling about Duinan, but I think some good stuff is needed.

Fennec
09-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Don't exactly remember that Mud, but we had a local University one called AberMUD ...

Of course we also had BITNET Relay chat, also.

Tanuki
09-30-2009, 03:53 AM
How did you find us? CO Forum & word of mouth

I'm mildly intruiged as to what the word of mouth is about us, does it paint us as a bunch of slack-jawed drunked degenerate lowlifes? Or is our propoganda machine doing its job and obscuring that truth from the rest of the world?

What has been your favorite class out of all the MMO's you've played? I tend to favor classes with pets.I have no problems sending my minions in to take the brunt of the battle. None.

Ahh I feel the same way! Thats why we recruit henchmen to the guild, nothing like having a hoard of loyal peons to do all the work while you sit back and relax!

Heh. Highlander III was terrible.

I didn't think it was *that* bad, I mean its certainly not as good as the first one, but I'd consider it a mildly enjoyable film at least. (Although this may just be due to the fact that #2 makes it seem better with its utter horrific trainwreck quality)

Jayhawk
09-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Welcome fellow lover of microbrews. I vote yes.

Duinan
09-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Word on the street is, you guys have a party house stocked with free beer, toga parties, road trips, and.. oh.. wait. Delta house. Sorry.. my mistake. Actually, the street introduction that I got was from some guild members - no idea who - who stuck around to help me with fight club, and then continued to hold my hand through metals, westside, and a few other butt kickers. They were depraved, jovial, helpful, depraved, and didn't give me a bunch of crap when my superjump kept bringing in adds. And they were depraved.

As for the beer - don't know if they still make it, but look for a beer called Chili Beer from Cave Creek AZ. Has a chili pepper inside of every bottle. Beer with kick!

I go back to the BBS days - Wildcat, PCBoard, and FidoNet. And spent $$$ on compu$erve too. And I was a master of Bards Tale.

Okay - dumb story time. I honestly can't pick a favorite - there seemed to have been so many. One of them involved a game we called Chicken Joust. We would take our cars out into an empty field or parking lot, blind-fold the driver, and have the passenger give driving directions. The idea was to see who could get closest to a tree or lamp post, in the shortest amount of time. Most of them took place behind a boat though - doing a cannonball from a speeding boat, aiming at a skier that went down... We are smart!

One of the dumbest things I did though, had to be a road trip from Florida to Colorado. Over Christmas break, I decided to take a buddy and go visit an ex-girlfriend that had moved to Colorado. We spent 3 days straight driving, and since it was our first time driving in snow, we ended up in a few ditches and snow banks. Finally made it to her house in the middle of BFE, only to find out that she wasn't there. She had gone to see some relatives, and of course I never bothered to make sure she was going to be there before I left. I just thought I'd surprise her. So, naturally, I had to spend the next 3 days listening to my buddy bitch at me as we drove back again. My family still uses that story as an example of what not to do. (I was *that* kid)

Peacecorpse
10-01-2009, 10:37 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3073/2746300703_bd21a54830.jpg?v=0

Woot
10-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Yes for me also.

Duinan
10-01-2009, 03:44 PM
And one time, at band camp...

Dao Jones
10-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Got the holy trinity of approvals, so he's in.