PDA

View Full Version : Application for Forlo

Forlo
07-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Forum name of Applicant: Forlo

Which game are you applying for membership in? (AoC, WAR, other): Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

Are you a member of any other guild in that game? No

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) Yes

Male or Female? Male

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with? Forlo: 21 Blackguard

How did you find us? Through playing alongside Kharzek/Xule in a T2 scenario premade. He referred me.

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? I don't.

Tell us one thing we could do to improve our Guild Charter or Code of Conduct: I wouldn't know what could be an improvement. I respect your policy on freedom and I think that it's suitable enough.

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids)? No issue at all.

Fully answer the following 5 questions:
1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done? That's a hard question. Drinking too much on several occasions comes to mind first. Probably having a few too many mixed drinks in Washington D.C. Throwing up and blacking out on the metro. Going to work hammered the next morning (3 hours later).
2. What is generally more important: the needs of an individual, or the "common good" of society? I think that it depends on the situation that requires a choice between the two. In most cases, i would say the needs of many, or the "common good" should be the priority of an individual who exists within a community and relies in part on it. I think that if most people in the community had this mindset, it would be easiest to fulfill the needs of everyone and this would improve the quality of life within the community over all.
3. What is your Zombie Plan? Lock myself in and stand by for further instruction from my chain of command. Secure a local perimeter, band together with my neighbors, combine resources, stay hidden.
4. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <fill in name of specific alcohol here>. dude, i'll drink anything.
5. Tell us about a conflict you had with one of your coworkers/guild members. How did you resolve it? I'll spare the specifics: There are occasional confrontations in my workplace about different responsibilities. Several specific jobs do not have designated workers or processes for them. Sometimes my co-workers will butt heads when they both believe that they are responsible for a single task. Staying professional at all times is paramount. Establishing agreed-upon, fair decisions through compromise tends to be the solution. There is rarely a situation in which the work for a task is evenly distributed. Typically, the person who accepts the most responsibility is recognized for it (this goes back to the "common good" vs. "self" conflict, i think). The person who does less will do more next time.

What has been your favorite class out of all the MMO's you've played? I enjoyed playing my merc in DAOC. my gnome warrior in WoW was great.

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the choices you make below:
Favorite Team: Indianapolis Colts (though i do not follow sports regularly)
Favorite Movie: hard question. Surf Ninjas? lol?
Favorite Book: Crime & Punishment
Favorite Drink: i don't know.
Favorite Non MMO Game: i haven't played anything but MMO's for a long time, though I was very decent in several FPS's... Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I haven't played it since I first got it, but I loved that game. I look back on it with fondness.
Favorite Band: (added this one because I love music) I've been listening to Machinedrum for the past few months almost exclusively. Never listened to DJ/dance music prior to this. Was always a fan of hip-hop, though.

Howler
07-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Presumptious, are we?

Good app, hope it works out. Most of your answers were nicely thought out, which says something.

I'll check out Machinedrum, I can't sleep and I'm on a Youtube kick at the moment.

:2finger:

Forlo
07-30-2009, 05:39 AM
Presumptious, are we?

Did I go through the application process wrong? I was really tired last night and wasn't really sure how to go about submitting it. I figured that, since I was already technically a part of the guild, my application would be considered accepted. I apologize for overstepping any boundaries.

I'll check out Machinedrum, I can't sleep and I'm on a Youtube kick at the moment.

Check out this mixtape (http://media.libsyn.com/media/normrex/Machinedrum_-_Fenris_Eyes_Mixtape.mp3). He's been around for awhile and has done different things under different aliases. This is his most recent work.

Forlo
07-30-2009, 06:00 AM
(edited for idiocy)

greenmeanie
07-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Moved to appropriate thread.

-10 points for posting in wrong thread :uey:

Other than that great app, you get 8 points back, make up the rest by downloading and playing AA3 with us and also if you could edit the post (I'm too lazy to do so myself) move the [/color] tags in front of your answers ;)

Rhodar
07-30-2009, 11:33 AM
better app than most, as of late...

I didn't see anything presumptious, so perhaps it's been edited?

greenmeanie
07-30-2009, 12:24 PM
the presumptuous came from posting in the Accepted Application section. I moved it, and he's also edited it to so his text is in white.

foulsoul
07-30-2009, 03:22 PM
nice, a note to this and our other applicants, i havent forgotten you i'm just letting them stew for a full week since you guys are already in game with us anyways

see you in game :D

tonight is steam night woot :D

Kaza
07-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Gah! Stupid website, I typed out a nice post and was dumped. Ah well, I blame meetings.

Anyhow Forlo did a great job creating and leading an SC group that did great in the T2 SCs and we took a couple BOs to boot. I think Forlo would be a fine addition, pending he can handle our less then sane members. <cough> Howler.

I'll be on tonight for a bit and more this weekend as Xule, Kaza or my Choppa... whatever the hell his name is.

:2thumbsup:

Dao Jones
08-15-2009, 08:51 PM
So... what's going on with this app?

greenmeanie
08-15-2009, 09:23 PM
apparently, Accepted, as it's moved back into accepted apps ;)

Dao Jones
08-16-2009, 12:03 AM
apparently, Accepted, as it's moved back into accepted apps ;)
Hmm. Then let's remove the forwarding link in the main app page then, if we could. Not really needed.