popeyewarrior
06-28-2009, 02:22 PM
The Unrepentant Application:

Forum name of Applicant: popeyewarrior

Which game are you applying for membership in? (LOTR, WAR, other): DAoC

Are you a member of any other guild in that game? no

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) 24

Male or Female? male

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with? Popeyewarrior warrior 23

How did you find us? was told in /advice channel to appy here

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? no

Tell us one thing we could do to improve our Guild Charter or Code of Conduct: i know how to lead alot of raids and rvr on mid, played mid-gareth with 10 level 50's rr4 or better killwinkies was my main

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids) no

Fully answer the following 5 questions:
1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done? jumped off my high school with a bycicle
2. What is generally more important: the needs of an individual, or the "common good" of society? common good
3. What is your Zombie Plan? come back alive
4. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <fill in name of specific alcohol here>. DUDE!!! i cant give up bud light it threatens to kill me when i do
5. Tell us about a conflict you had with one of your coworkers/guild members. How did you resolve it? i have no conflicts :)

Tell us a little something about yourself outside of gaming. (Hobbies, for example.) i work, work some more, wait i sleep sometime in between work and my girlfriend and daoc

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the choices you make below:
Favorite Team: dallas cowboys
Favorite Movie: scarface
Favorite Book: i dont read lol
Favorite Drink: bud light
Favorite Non MMO Game: daoc

popeyewarrior
06-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Forum name of Applicant: popeyewarrior

Which game are you applying for membership in? (AoC, WAR, other): DAoC

Are you a member of any other guild in that game? no

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) no

Male or Female? male

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with? Popeyewarrior warrior 23

How did you find us? was told in /advice channel to appy here

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? no

Tell us one thing we could do to improve our Guild Charter or Code of Conduct: i know how to lead alot of raids and rvr on mid, played mid-gareth with 10 level 50's rr4 or better killwinkies was my main

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids) no

Fully answer the following 5 questions:
1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done? jumped off my high school with a bycicle
2. What is generally more important: the needs of an individual, or the "common good" of society? common good
3. What is your Zombie Plan? come back alive
4. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <fill in name of specific alcohol here>. DUDE!!! i cant give up bud light it threatens to kill me when i do
5. Tell us about a conflict you had with one of your coworkers/guild members. How did you resolve it? i have no conflicts :)

What has been your favorite class out of all the MMO's you've played? warrior on daoc

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the choices you make below:
Favorite Team: dallas cowboys
Favorite Movie: scarface
Favorite Book: i dont read lol
Favorite Drink: bud light
Favorite Non MMO Game: daoc

Cruxius Crucible
06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Ok you're a cool and good guy in game but heres my input:

In your first application you put you were 24 years old, in the revised one you said "no". Please clerify this because only 18+ are allowed to become members of our guild.

The question about the Guild Charter or Code of Conduct is not about what you can do as a leader in the guild (while still important) but rather what we can do to improve our guild.

Needs of individual or "common good" you answered common good, explain why.

Fill in the name of a specific alcohol you will no longer drink and tell us a story on why (something you did that was idiotic or stupid drunk, and yes you can still have your bud light)

Everyone has had a conflict with a coworker/guild member at some point in their life, even if it is a small conflict about a piece of cheese or something idk, nobody goes through life without argueing with someone at some point.

Don't try to rush through the application, just take it one question at a time.

Cim
06-28-2009, 04:55 PM
PROTIP #2: Unless the question implies a short answer (name, gender, game you're applying for), then you really want to be as colorful and descriptive as possible. As a rule of thumb, if your answer to any question is shorter than the question itself, you are doing it wrong. As a second rule of thumb, just assume we're going to ask "why" for everything you say. Save us the trouble, and just tell us why you answered a given way.

.... just in case you missed the "Introduction/App Form" provides some insight into our expectations.

Rhodar
06-28-2009, 06:55 PM
We are failing to tell people before they come here to 1) read up on the charter/rules and app process, and 2) tell them that we take the app/intro seriously. This is what we get in return...

Terrastorm
06-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Good points Rho. We need to make sure we get that poitn across.

06-30-2009, 07:20 AM
We are failing to tell people before they come here to 1) read up on the charter/rules and app process, and 2) tell them that we take the app/intro seriously. This is what we get in return...

No, you don't...those are both implied tasks.

Cim
06-30-2009, 11:41 AM

No, you don't...those are both implied tasks.

I agree with this.

Rhodar
06-30-2009, 01:31 PM
I disagree... All it takes is a heads up to put more than a half-ass attempt in the app, and things would be much more smoothly for these type of apps (well, we wouldn't see them most likely).

Otherwise, we'll just kick these (poor apps) to the curb, which I don't think is the intent.

foulsoul
06-30-2009, 04:05 PM
awaiting in game leadership approval before promotion

Cruxius Crucible
06-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Well considering the player hasen't been on to respond in game or on forums, I can't say much more about them. However I would have thought by now with all the comments and suggestions made on this application, the player could have explained or fixed the problems he had on it. So I will sadly have to reject this application as I really only want dedicated people to become members to our guild.

Rhodar
06-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks Crux, the rest of us appreciate it!

Now, if he shows up in your in-game chat and seems a good fit for DOAC, then perhaps have him there, but not here? Or have him reapply with a heads up?

Cruxius Crucible
06-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I have the guild set up so people can still become Daoc members only in game, it's for people who fail to meet some of the requirements for the guild/app. I pretty much give them privilages depending on how they are in game. I do however tell them that they will be restricted from the forums and possibly vent.

Cruxius Crucible
07-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Haven't had any in-game response so we can throw this one in the trash.

foulsoul
07-06-2009, 05:26 PM
shelved then