PDA

View Full Version : App for Ocaynd (DAOC)

Zedikia
06-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Forum name of Applicant: Zedikia

Which game are you applying for membership in? (AoC, WAR, other): DAOC, Aion Others

Are you a member of any other guild in that game? No.

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) Yes. (28)

Male or Female? Male

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with? Ocaynd 23 Shadowblade.

How did you find us? You found me. Had /lfgu on and was contacted by branch leader to join.

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? Nope.

Tell us one thing we could do to improve our Guild Charter or Code of Conduct: What if there is no need for improvement? I found it all agreeable.

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids) Nope.

Fully answer the following 5 questions:
1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done? Took to many days off work to play a marathon leveling spree during World of WarCraft Beta and lost my job because of it.
2. What is generally more important: the needs of an individual, or the "common good" of society? Neither is more important than the other. When one is ignoring their needs for the needs of others they are lessened in their ability to assist another. Therefor when one exist purely for the needs of the greater good society as a whole is lessened because the efforts of many are lesser. A balance between the needs of one's self and the needs of one's society is desired.
3. What is your Zombie Plan? I have no zombie plan.
4. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <fill in name of specific alcohol here>. I will put no answer here. I have never found a drink I will not try a second time, at least.
5. Tell us about a conflict you had with one of your coworkers/guild members. How did you resolve it? I once had a coworker disagree with me. I shot him dead and he no longer disagreed.

What has been your favorite class out of all the MMO's you've played? Rogue, WoW.

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the choices you make below:
Favorite Team: Sports are ridiculous.
Favorite Movie: I do not have a favorite.
Favorite Book: The Nightrunner Series of books.
Favorite Drink: Dirty Martini, extra dirty. Or any of the local micro-brews in my area.
Favorite Non MMO Game: Fable

Cim
06-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Such a good start to the 5 questions. We ask thise questions to learn more about you as a person, because we value personality as much, if not more than your gaming experience.

No zombie plan?

Couldn't think of one drinking story?

Most importantly, everyone engages in conflict at one time or another.

Unrepentant has historically done a good job of using this app process to weed out those who are not a good fit. In the long run, It benifits you that we are a little selective. The least you can do is answer the questions fully so we can get to know you better.

thanks!!!

Cruxius Crucible
06-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Overall good application, only suggestions I have are:
Tells us your zombie plan, if you don't have one start brainstorming,
as for the alcohol you wont drink anymore thats cool that you havent found anything you wont drink again but, tell us a story about something idiotic you did when you were drunk or something,
and finally the conflict with a coworker/guild member be seroius, everyone has had a problem no matter how small/stupid/humiliating it may be.

Thats my 2 cents :)

Rhodar
06-28-2009, 06:57 PM
5. Tell us about a conflict you had with one of your coworkers/guild members. How did you resolve it? I once had a coworker disagree with me. I shot him dead and he no longer disagreed.

I don't find this humorous at all. If this app/intro is too difficult to figure out, then we're most likely not the right place for you, and vice versa...

Zedikia
06-30-2009, 11:18 AM
as for the alcohol you wont drink anymore thats cool that you havent found anything you wont drink again but, tell us a story about something idiotic you did when you were drunk or something

Ok, I find this very unnerving...

You consider someone who has not had an embarrassing situation while under the influence of alcohol as incomplete? What do you consider people who drink responsibly, or not at all? Is someone really only a valuable member of this guild if they can get completely shit-faced and do something idiotic? No, I have never, in the 10 years I have had access to alcohol been so intoxicated that I have acted stupidly, irrationally, or irresponsibly. I take my actions very seriously and have never allowed myself to drink beyond the point of reason. My every action has an opposing consequence. I have worked very hard to establish myself in my career, life and station. Losing my self-control because of a beverage is simply not something I permit of myself. I am truly sorry if that makes me less "qualified" to join your guild, and certainly less of a person.

5. Tell us about a conflict you had with one of your coworkers/guild members. How did you resolve it? I once had a coworker disagree with me. I shot him dead and he no longer disagreed.... I don't find this humorous at all. If this app/intro is too difficult to figure out, then we're most likely not the right place for you, and vice versa...

Quite frankly, I play games to have fun. Not to practice my conflict resolution skills. Should a disagreement come up in-game I simply ignore it. It is a game, and not my real life. How I choose to express myself in my work environment if completely different to how I choose to express myself in a game. Call me a role-player, but when I am in game, or expressing myself in-game I would typically resolve conflict in that exact manor. If in a game (such as previous games I have played) I disagreed with someone or they disagreed with me the resolution would be found at the hilt of my blade as it sliced through the chest of my opponent--should the game permit me to carry out my conflict resolution in said manor. How I would handle similar situations in real life is of no consequence to a game environment.

Tells us your zombie plan, if you don't have one start brainstorming,
I continue to see no reason to answer this question. Perhaps I should brush up on my Crisis management? Strategic planning? Disaster Relief Management?

I get it folks, really. You want to gauge someone's personality. Fine. If you want to gauge my personality then spend some time getting to know me, in game. That is the personality you will get to know. If you want to know my "real world" personality, then you should spend more time developing an application that is unbiased and less directed toward Phishing for specific answers. For all you know my answers could have been genuine and not slightly laced with sarcasm. Quite frankly, your application for new members is just as much an application for me to choose you. And I think, based entirely on the shallow attempt at "getting to know me" by asking me to express how I have acted under intoxication, or if I have a plan should zombies attack a clear demonstration and representation at the level of gaming or community to which you choose to maintain. Perhaps as you mentioned this is not a good match for the both of us. Aren't we glad we had this speed dating experience?

I am seeking a place to relax. I work a very stressful, intense, and demanding job with very long hours, 365 day commitment, even when off the clock I am still subject to work responsibilities. A job that I am scrutinized for my every action. The last thing I wish to do is experience the same environment in a virtual world build around my ability to unwind and be free. I sought out a guild that offered such an environment. Clearly, Unrepentant is not such a place.

In conclusion, it is with the utmost respect, I decline your invitation into my gaming experience. I decline inclusion into your community and wish you all the best in your intoxicated endeavors, zombie slaying madness, and conflict resolution exercises with your co-workers. I hope that for future people seeking a guild that you reconsider your evaluation of people and likewise work on your own brand representation. As has been so quickly demonstrated, this is not a place for someone seeking a casual gaming experience where sarcasm and light-hearted humor is welcomed.

I wish you luck, and hope to one day meet on the battlefield in whatever games we journey. As soon as I am able to log into DAOC again I will respectfully remove my two characters from the guild. Should I not be able to login for a few days, the Branch lead is more than welcome to remove Ocaynd and Bumbojilly.

~Z

Terrastorm
06-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Im of the opinion that a sense of humor is something this person does not have. Sheesh. Another good example of our app process working as intended.

Cim
06-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Now if you had only put 1/4 of the effort you did in this response into your original app you would have been fine. All we wanted was some substantial answers and maybe a little sense of humor. Could have been any embarrassing event, and if you don't get the zombie plan than I think you are correct that this is not the guild for you. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Cim
06-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Im of the opinion that a sense of humor is something this person does not have. Sheesh. Another good example of our app process working as intended.

There you go reading my mind again.

greenmeanie
06-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Moved, as applicant has declined our invitation into their gaming experience.

In a lot of things I do, I'm very serious, I don't like being bothered, I concentrate on the task at hand. However, I'm sensing the applicant wouldn't even enjoy Super Troopers, Grandma's Boy, or Office Space. I feel like he's in the running for, we all need to take this guy out to the bar, get him shit faced so he can have a story to tell later in life, or to simply look back on to say, THAT was a fun night, but only ever again when I turn 40.

To the applicant, good luck on your adventures, may the force be with you young one (and I'm actually younger :D)

Terrastorm
06-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Greenie, I meow totally agree with you, meow.

greenmeanie
06-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Moew get back to work, or your sissy games . . . MEOW!!

Rhodar
06-30-2009, 01:28 PM
This process works as intended, yet again...

foulsoul
06-30-2009, 03:38 PM
i didnt bother to read the entire response but this was a nice welcome back...

to anyone reading this or to the applicant himself

this guild is totally about attitude and the questions are adequate in bringing out attitudes that are either compatable or incompatible with our membership.

Kaza
06-30-2009, 03:46 PM
This guy is awesome, we should have had him in game if for no other reason then to drive him further from sanity.

My favorite part is where he claims these are only games and not to be taken seriously and yet within his aplpication he states that he lost a job because of his gaming addiction. Then blathers on and on about nothing... I pray for his co-workers, because those poor bastards have to co-exist with this maniac.

Terrastorm
06-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Welcome back Foul, you quivering hot hunk O man flesh.