View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: App: EsperMagic - Probably just Neverwinter Start POE? (0/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Probably just Neverwinter Start POE?

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Honestly I don't know. Acc:EsperMagic most likely.

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Not yet

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Embarrassing? I mean my tuxedo pants fell down in the middle of wedding photos for my buddies wedding...that was pretty great. In all honesty we had already consumed 2 fifths of crown and were working on a fifth of Johnny Walker during the photos so I really didn't notice. I was focusing more on not falling down the stairs and how in the world I was going to make it through the ceremony.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Coolest job..man I guess my current one. It's a rather upscale local restaurant but the kitchen is staffed like two people at a time. So it's a very chill environment with pretty much free reign as long as everything goes well.

The worst? Hooters. By far. Never work there, insanely corporate and the girls take all the anger out on the cooks since they basically forced to nearly prostitute themselves to their tables. I was 18, I didn't know better back then.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Final Fantasy 7: It was my first RPG and first experience in a huge immersive storyline kind of setting. Before I had only played things like Super Mario World or Donkey Kong's Quest.

Goldeneye 007: It's still great fun even if the graphics make it nigh-unplayable now. I would love to see a new updated version of this game.

Solitaire: Yeah it's weird but I can honestly sit for hours on my tablet and play solitaire. I normally do on train or bus rides unless I have a new book to read.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I don't know if I can narrow it down to one certain person but its between really ignorant people or really ditzy people. Especially if it's fake ditzy for the sake of being 'cute'

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I once earned a free membership pass into a private bar with some friends because we drank over 100 beers amongst the four of us on dollar beer night. The bartenders were so impressed we held our own alcohol so well we got membership cards that night. The next morning was the 9th circle of hell, but damn was it fun.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    You guys seem chill, almost said no on the application but that's because it's 3 am. Also the rules seem easy and rather lax for membership, Ive been in some with play time restrictions and advancement qualifiers which sometimes I don't like. So no pressure is good.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Can we look into a PoE guild too?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A cleric to keep me alive, I tend to just run in and start hitting things.

I normally do on train or bus rides unless I have a new book to read.
    Heya! Tell me about your favorite books. I'm always up for learning about new authors and series. I'm usually with the Wow branch, but I'm sure someone from Neverwinter will be along shortly. Whisper anyone in the guild that's online, and they'll let you know how to get started...and have them drop by your application to tell the rest of us how fun it is to play with you.

Welcome to the application process!

To join us in Neverwinter, join our custom chat channel in game, introduce yourself as a new applicant and request an invite. Any full member can help you with that. To join the channel, type /channel_join uey in the chat line. Once you're in the guild, make sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page (hit G, click roster tab, member comments is the far right column), so the leadership can identify you; otherwise, they'll kick you.

It's true that the application process is a little bit of work. To be successful, you'll need to stay active here in your app thread, even if you're active in game, so that the other members that don't play Neverwinter can get to know you. However, after getting through the application process, we impose no other activity requirements on our members (in the forums or in games). You could disappear for years and then decide to hop back in right where you left off. In fact, occasionally, some of our members do exactly that. Not a bad deal, if you ask me. Hope to see you in game.
    Last edited by Learnedhand; 01-10-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    "My fist is getting itchy, as is my hamster." -Minsc.

So did you think Hooters was going to be an awesome job when you got hired? If so how long did it take before you realized it was going to be terrible?

Quote Originally Posted by Evictora View Post
    Heya! Tell me about your favorite books. I'm always up for learning about new authors and series. I'm usually with the Wow branch, but I'm sure someone from Neverwinter will be along shortly. Whisper anyone in the guild that's online, and they'll let you know how to get started...and have them drop by your application to tell the rest of us how fun it is to play with you.
    Let's see recently I'm working my way through a book called Sleeping Beauties written by Owen and Stephen King. Not bad, kind of the typical book you would expect though. Before that I read a few Graphic Novels, most notably The King in Yellow and the Locke & Key series. Also I just finished the Hyperion Cantos which was an absolutely amazing sci-fi quadrilogy.
    Last edited by EsperMagic; 01-12-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tallon View Post
    So did you think Hooters was going to be an awesome job when you got hired? If so how long did it take before you realized it was going to be terrible?
    I mean I was 18 and fresh out of high school at the time. I thought Hooters was going to be a dream job. And honestly parts of it were. It was a brand new store so me and some friends from school all got jobs there which was nice. I love cooking so that wasn't bad either. And off the clock even the servers were really nice. Unfortunately I was young and immature and we all started partying a lot and that kind of ruined a lot of things around that time. But it was also 16 years ago so I'm well past it and I learned some things along the way.

Got Espermagic hooked up with a guild invite today.

At 18, I would have been totally into that job. If you are going to work a low end job anyway for not much money, may as well have hot Hooters girls all around.

Quote Originally Posted by tallon View Post
    At 18, I would have been totally into that job. If you are going to work a low end job anyway for not much money, may as well have hot Hooters girls all around.
    That was the original thought process. NOw that I'm older I pick jobs for better reasons and also just on principle don't really go to hooters. Like its actually a pretty terrible job for the girls.