View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Aighnallte - Destiny 2, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Destiny 2, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2

What is the character or account name youíre joining that game with?
    Taldar, Taiian, Aighnallte

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Safyrstunner

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, weíll assume youíre boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I canít think of anything right off the top of my head for funniest or dumbest though iím sure they could go hand and hand. There have been numerous times my girlfriend would try and get me to stop dancing in the car while we drive but thatís more of embarrassing her than me. I do dumb things all the time which usually end in me laughing till it hurts though!

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    The coolest job I had was working at a feed mill in a small farm town. I was the other feed person so i was hauling heavy bags of feed for customers, making the feed, and otherwise just helping out as was needed. I think the worst might be when I volunteered for the Campfire program in my hometown. It was an afterschool / summer program for kids. It was the year after i was too old to attend as a kid so i didnít have ANY work ethic and basically didnít ANYTHING.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Super Metroid hands down! Can that be all three answers? I think that was the most influential game growing up for me. World of Warcraft will always have a special place in my heart because of Blizzard being my favorite studio and Warcraft being a wonderful franchise. Lastly Rock and Roll Racing. The HOURS my bestfriend and i spent on this game. Even now when i hear some of the songs on the radio memories come flooding back.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I think that would be an old co-worker of mine. We both worked in a heavy weight / palletized freight area. He had about 20 years more experience than me and he let me know it all the time. Thankfully I was able to deal with his annoyingness and grow as a person and a worker because of him.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I live in Alaska. I know that's a super cop out answer but honestly I love it here. I was born and raised up here and spend most of my time outside if I can. I love to take walks in the summer and ride my bike when I can. I also really love working with wood, building things with my father and girlfriend. I have a big heart and love being with groups of people even though Iím an introvert (a recovering Introvert).

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Iíve spent quite a lot of time with several of your members in WoW and really enjoy them as people. Theyíve all said I would fit in with Unrepentant super well and I really like the sense of community they fostered in the guild in WoW.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    I canít think of any questions off the top of my head. I do look forward to being apart of your community and adding to it.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    I never played the original Zenda game but he hands the player a sword, it will help Link defeat Ganon and rescue Zelda.

hey hey Aigh!! finally put the app in! Aigh is an officer in the Dazed n Confused guild on Hyjal which is the home to a few Ueys. You will definitely want to make sure to come back here often and converse with the members in order to join the group of wonderful reprobates that makes up the Unrepentant.

Aigh has been a pixel friend for a couple of years - he helps out in all things needed and can be counted on to do whatever needs to be done. He would make an excellent Uey. Good luck - Aigh -- stick with it and you shall join the ranks!

My question to start off: who would you like to have dinner with if you could with anyone (dead or alive) -- where would you go - and what would you talk about?

I hope this works!!!

That is a great question! Personally I would love to have a beer (or ten) with God/Jesus at King St. Brewery (a local brewery). Personally I have soo many questions about faith and life. Baring any religious person, I would enjoy one more dinner with my mom.

If I have to choose someone completely unknown to me I think I would pick (don't hate me!) Obama. I would love to sit down with him and pick his brain about running this country. I think sharing a meal with him would be very mind opening.

Lastly I think I would enjoy a meal with just about anyone from any point in time (baring really mean or cruel people). I would enjoy hearing someones life story from back in the 1800's. I would love to know what it was really like living within a small community. I would enjoy sitting down and learning from someone older/wiser. Just listening and talking and growing as a person is one of my favorite things in this world.

I hope that answers your question!! I look forward to many more, I am an open book!

Can I add my welcome to the app process? Well i just did.

First question - if you are having a beer or 10 with God/Jesus...do they get drunk? Do you remember the conversation the next morning? Wouldn't it be ironic if they told you all the secrets of life and death then you couldn't remember it because of the hangover?

So if you are in Alaska does that mean you will be gaming a lot the next few months then very little in the summer?

One last thing for now - you might like to get an avatar - its up to you but if you dont everyone who posts in here will nag you about it...
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Hmm I would love to remember everything but i'm sure that wouldn't be a good thing! In my head I say we both get really drunk, and I don't remember a thing. Maybe an overall sense of the time but nothing specific.

I'm in Anchorage so I still get some sun; I think the shortest it gets here at is around 2-4 hours up. But overall you are correct, I'll spend more time online now then I will next summer. Summers here are really nice and intense so I try to take advantage of it as much as I can. My girlfriend and I are super looking forward to camping a ton!

What if that IS my avatar?!?!!?? I'll have to figure something out since I'm short on good avatars

Quote Originally Posted by Aighnallte View Post
    I hope this works!!!

That is a great question! Personally I would love to have a beer (or ten) with God/Jesus at King St. Brewery (a local brewery). Personally I have soo many questions about faith and life. Baring any religious person, I would enjoy one more dinner with my mom.

If I have to choose someone completely unknown to me I think I would pick (don't hate me!) Obama. I would love to sit down with him and pick his brain about running this country. I think sharing a meal with him would be very mind opening.

Lastly I think I would enjoy a meal with just about anyone from any point in time (baring really mean or cruel people). I would enjoy hearing someones life story from back in the 1800's. I would love to know what it was really like living within a small community. I would enjoy sitting down and learning from someone older/wiser. Just listening and talking and growing as a person is one of my favorite things in this world.

I hope that answers your question!! I look forward to many more, I am an open book!
    I just wanted one - but wow -- some good answers to troll through! and arkle -- good catch about the avatar -- cant believe i just let him go without bugging him about the scarey silhouette in the window....you may want to be active in the games you are playing right now and jump into the uey guilds to let them know you are applying. Also, spending time in mumble (voice chat) to see what others are doing. lastly - make your presence known through the thirsty troll tavern -- check us out to make sure we are a good fit for ya!

good luck with the app!!
    -saf/garnatte

There I got an avatar Temp until I find something better. I didn't see anything for Destiny 2 on the main game page, is there one floating around??

Well it's about time, Aigh.

Question time:

You're a young engineer fresh out of MIT. You're at the end of an interview and are asked "What salary are you looking for?" What is your response?

Yikes... i'm not too sure what they start out as. Or even what type of Engineer we are talking about. Personally I think if it were me I would be a mechanical engineer and ask for at least 40k starting. So I suppose I would answer their question with "I would like a starting salary of 45K" and then let them counter offer 40 or so. I might even get lucky if they accept my initial offer of 45k.

Ok now I'm feeling left out of this. I spend all this time complaining about his tanking and he can't even mention me on here...

<---Trilli

Good to see you took the time to come check out and apply to the U. Enjoy the quite peaceful questions and nice people, the real pain starts if you're accepted *cough*newvanbait*cough*

Do they have Eskimo clowns there? Is their name Shivery? Has one ever asked you to get into their clown car with them cause they had puppies and candy for you?

I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle. - Capt Spaulding

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast