View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: dorvalorama - Neverwinter (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    N/A

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    For a year, I lived in an apartment with six other guys. We all shared the kitchen and the bathrooms. The landlord lived in one of the rooms upstairs. He was the life of the party and he partied almost every day. He was very involved with the Burning Man community and loved party drugs. After a long weekend and a coke bender, the landlord returned to the house to find that "someone" trashed the place (it was him and his friends, but he couldn't remember). He proceeded to call my boss at work and tell him that I was a drug dealer and I needed to be fired. Turns out that my landlord had been in federal prison for 10 years for running an international ecstasy ring. I wouldn't have minded, but a little heads up would have been nice.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Best: I worked catering in college. Free leftover prime rib, beer, and the ability to meet interesting drunk people at parties.

Worst: I worked at a construction startup that had me traveling 100% during the week. I lived in hotels for approximately a year and only ate takeout. Long story short, it was not great for my physical or mental health.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Sonic 2 on SEGA, Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Haunted Mansion on Game Cube

IDGAF what anyone thinks, I had limited access to video games when I was a kid and these were my bread and butter

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I stayed in a hostel for a month while I was looking for housing. During that time I met someone who would dominate the conversation at all times. We were having a few drinks in the room and someone chilling on a top bunk seemed to be having a hard time breathing. I used to be an EMT and I started to assess their condition when this person literally pushed me off the ladder to climb up and "comfort them". Needless to say, they were asked to find different accommodation after I talked to the staff.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I was the captain of my curling club in college. There's not much to do in northern Maine except hit the ice rink and drink with the locals.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Unrepentant Gaming has excellent reviews from members, high level of membership activity, and a relaxed gaming style that focuses on the enjoyment of the person rather than the fulfillment of the rules. To me, there was no other option.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    I've never been in a guild for a game before! How long until you recognize and gain rapport with fellow members?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A towel. A towel is just about the most massively useful thing any interstellar Hitchhiker can carry. (Not original, but still classic)

Hi Dorval,,

Welcome to the application process! If you haven't done so already, make your way over to our in game custom chat channel by typing /channel_join uey, let people know you're a new applicant and request a guild invite. Then be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page (hit G, click roster tab, see member comments in the rightmost column).

Northern Maine, huh? I was born in a magical land called Bangor, and spent the first 7 years of my life there before moving to the Portland area, or what northern Mainers refer to as "Northern Massachusetts." Did you go to school in Orono, or further up in the Isle of Presque?
    "My fist is getting itchy, as is my hamster." -Minsc.

Hey Learnedhand!

I was born in Brunswick, but I went to school in Orono. I was just in Bangor for Homecoming a few weeks ago. Not much has changed!
    I've since moved to NYC where I work in engineering, but I make my way up north every few months!

It's nice to meet another Mainer in here!

i have not seen this applicant in game yet
    Welcome to my home ..........FYI that locked door you kicked down was for your ​protection......not mine!

Quote Originally Posted by dorvalorama View Post
    Hey Learnedhand!

I was born in Brunswick, but I went to school in Orono. I was just in Bangor for Homecoming a few weeks ago. Not much has changed!
    I've since moved to NYC where I work in engineering, but I make my way up north every few months!

It's nice to meet another Mainer in here!
    Yea, I've relocated as well. I moved away to New Haven, CT for college and stayed there. I visit from time to time, but haven't been back in awhile. We have members here from all over the place. Hope to see you in game soon.

Also, get yourself an avatar or people around here will start to grumble.

Hi Dorvalorama, what's your character's name@handle in game?

Have you had the opportunity to play with anyone in game yet?

What got you started in Neverwinter?
    I'm a mom, but I'm not your mom.

Got Dorval hooked up with a guild invite today.

well that should increase my sightings of this applicant in game

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Hi Dorvalorama, what's your character's name@handle in game?

Have you had the opportunity to play with anyone in game yet?

What got you started in Neverwinter?
    Hey, Gwynn!

My in game name is Rolen Wolfsbane. I received the guild invite yesterday and I chatted with a few people in game, but I didn't see many people when I logged on. I will reach out again to see if I can get in on some dungeon action.

I started Neverwinter a few weeks ago. I used to play D&D in college, but I never seem to have the combination of available people or time anymore. Neverwinter is a great substitute!

Quote Originally Posted by doyler View Post
    well that should increase my sightings of this applicant in game
    Doyler! I should be online again this evening. I'll keep my eyes open for you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast