View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: MrKryp - Warframe, Destiny 2, League of Legends, Any (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Warframe, Destiny 2, League of Legends, Any

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    MrKryp

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Roxxu

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I used to be a part of a pretty big wow raiding guild, and one night we were trying to make progress through a raid we've been trying for days. Anyways I accidentally left my mic on open mic, so everyone heard me going full neck beard, breathing hard, slamming the key board. Later was known as pulling a FapCop, my ign in WoW.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I don't have a whole lot of job experience due to me still being in college. So far my jobs have just been menial work, tutoring, fast food, etc.

My least favorite job was working as an assistant to a brick mason. I'm not one for manual labor and I didn't realize what I was getting myself into. Working in the heat lifting heavy ass bags of concrete and inhaling brick and concrete dust all day.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Super Smash Brothers Melee, Ocarina of Time.

Melee is one of those games me and my buddies still play and have little tournaments with. Despite it's age, the competitiveness of it never goes away.
    Ocarina of Time was the first video game I ever beat. I was like 6 at the time, but I love the game and all the puzzles that comes with it.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    There was this one guy that I went to high school who annoyed the shit out of me. He was the kind of guy who thought his shit didn't smell bad. He walked through the halls with his chest puffed out all the time and thought he was big and bad. This guy actually ended up being my college roommate last year due to us not knowing anyone else that was going. I didn't think it'd be too bad since I can deal with people. Anyways he would spend all day and all night playing some cookie-cutter call of duty game screaming and yelling and slamming his shit around and constantly tweeting about how shit the game is. Yeah, didnt room with him again.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    Back in high school and middle school, I used to be a huge band geek. Our school was super small, like a class of 60. We had maybe 20 people in band, so our band wasn't the greatest. Anyways, I made it to all-region two times and was part of state honor band as well. That was before I dropped out of band my junior year.
    Oh and I'm going to college for programming and app development.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    This guild is a multi-game guilds that's been alive for years. That shows that when a certain flavor of games or a game dies out, the guild won't. That's something I want to be a part of to make friends beyond the guy I play WoW with once a week or etc. Plus met some people in here already and they all seem pretty chill.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Do you guys have any game nights? Like on saturdays the guild gathers up to play X party game of cards against humanity or something like that?
    Any unspoken rules that I should know about?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Nothing. As a wise man said "He who needs help needs to get good."

Welcome to the Uey, hopefully you will enjoy the application process while we get to know you and you get to measure us up.

As you note we are a multigame community (personally I mainly play DDO), hopefully someone from the games you mention will be along to let you know how to get in touch with the guild in those games.

Although we are a very casual guild in terms of game time, we do take the application process serious - so stay active, let people in game know you are an applicant and generally make yourself friendly...4 YES votes will see you in but 3 NOs and it's goodbye...most rejected applicants are as a result of non activity in the app so be sure to check back often.

The guild as a whole doesn't have specific game nights but most branches will have events/game nights you can join in.

Unspoken rules - not really, there are rules in the stickies but generally if you are respectful that will see you fine.

last thing, you will get harassed to get an avatar - think of it as a visual signature that helps us to place each guildie.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Blog Entries
    Hung out with Kryp last night, and he seems like a good enough dude, even though he "couldn't think of" any embarrassing stories about Roxxu. Uh huh.
    Your quote can be here! Just glorify or belittle me in an especially creative way!

MrKryp, I came here full on looking forward to Roxxu stories. He is a walking story. And he would do it to you in a heartbeat, so really, it's a preemptive strike. We're trying to help you.

There are a few regular nights driven by specific community members and one-offs that people will push for different games. If you don't see a night for something you'd like to do, then I would encourage you to start a thread and get people hyped for it. If people have a few days notice, there's often at least a couple people down to play.

Are you playing Dead by Daylight by chance? I seem to be big into murder hide and seek as a genre. If so, I'll poke you this weekend for the Freddy Kreuger release. Roxxu caved and is going to play it with me so you would have a friendsie.

What's a proud gaming moment for you? Also, share one of the most maddening experiences you had.
    ♪ I've got a no pants policy if you're dancing next to me- to the detriment of my parsnips ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    MrKryp, I came here full on looking forward to Roxxu stories. He is a walking story. And he would do it to you in a heartbeat, so really, it's a preemptive strike. We're trying to help you.

There are a few regular nights driven by specific community members and one-offs that people will push for different games. If you don't see a night for something you'd like to do, then I would encourage you to start a thread and get people hyped for it. If people have a few days notice, there's often at least a couple people down to play.

Are you playing Dead by Daylight by chance? I seem to be big into murder hide and seek as a genre. If so, I'll poke you this weekend for the Freddy Kreuger release. Roxxu caved and is going to play it with me so you would have a friendsie.

What's a proud gaming moment for you? Also, share one of the most maddening experiences you had.
    I do own dead by daylight! I havent played much but I'd be down to play DBD with some guildies. And I know it's a shame I don't have any stories really. Roxxu has told me tons of stories, but I guess we just haven't done a whole lot together to have crazy or embarrassing stories.

Proud Gaming moment? I'm huge into competitive video games. Me and my buddies would always compete to see who could be the best at X game. Whether it be smash 4, Mortal Kombat, League, Smite, whatever. I'd say the proudest moment would be when I was crowned the Mortal Kombat legends after beating everyone in a tournament. Also the day I hit Platinum rank in Smite I was pretty proud of myself.
    Maddening Experience: Dark Souls. I love the game, but I hate it. I've never beat one. I've tried for hours, but am just complete ass at them. I want to be able to be that guy who can just beat Dark Souls like it's nothing and make a bunch of toons, but I can't get through it once. Even with walkthroughs.

I played with Kryp for a couple of hours earlier in Destiny 2; helpful guy that took some time out of his day to help me out with my noobism.

He's got my vote. Make it happen, Cap'n.

Interesting question to keep up the conversation though; what's the most inventive way you've ever pawned off of passing gas in public?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonar View Post
    Hung out with Kryp last night, and he seems like a good enough dude, even though he "couldn't think of" any embarrassing stories about Roxxu. Uh huh.
    I have a boring life

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnr View Post
    He already mentioned the neckbeard breathing though...
    Last edited by Roxxu; 10-26-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Direct View Post
    I played with Kryp for a couple of hours earlier in Destiny 2; helpful guy that took some time out of his day to help me out with my noobism.

He's got my vote. Make it happen, Cap'n.

Interesting question to keep up the conversation though; what's the most inventive way you've ever pawned off of passing gas in public?
    My grandma used to live with me back in highschool, and she wasn't the most hygienic person. Anyways earlier in the night we had shrimp, and seafood generally gives me horrid gas. Well I let out a silent one. Destroyed the room. I lean over to my sister and tell her I think Grandma needs to change her diaper. I guess everyone overheard other than her and asked her if she was alright or if she needed to go to the bathroom.
    TL;DR: Blame it on your elderly Grandmother.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    I came across MrKyyp lastnight...and he seemed really nice, the conversation we had went very well though..and I look forward to hopefully gaming with you in the future!

I played Destiny 2 with MrKryp the other night. He seemed very nice and we helpful for our fireteam. I definitely enjoyed playing with him. Nice to hear about you love Ocarina of Time. That game was such a fun part of my childhood. To answer your question, we do have game nights every once in awhile. Normally we organize them through the forums or mumble. They are always fun, we have done Smite nights, overwatch, rocket league, Cards against humanity. I know there is a group that does Friday the 13th too. Welcome the the app process, feel free to ask questions as the come up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast