View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 100.00%
  • No

    0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: App: KazamiTempest - LOTRO and anything else that seems fun (4/0)

  1. #1
    Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

    What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    LOTRO and anything else that seems fun

    What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    My Steam, KazamiTempest. Will make a character soon.

    Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Not really, but I've heard about this from McVeganPants' stream.

    So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

    Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I've once tried to dodge a dragon's breath in an actiony game...by going towards the dragon in question. Not to the sides, not away from it. Towards it. Let's just say it didn't go well, XD.

    What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I'm still unemployed but the coolest thing I've ever done in a job sense was learning the piano, I still do it. It's just really relaxing and fun.

    The worst was probably the one time I was supposed to do a drawing but not a single soul would teach me how. I wound up trying to draw starting from a stickman and the result was soo embarrassing!

    Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Neverwinter Nights, Maplestory and Europa Universalis IV.

    Neverwinter Nights was just such a great RPG I can't help but feel nostalgia for every now and then and try to replay. It doesn't actually hook me for a full playthrough anymore but I still wind up trying a couple times a year.

    Maplestory because it's simply addicting and keeps getting updates to this day.

    Europa Universalis IV is a Grand Strategy game and it just has so many layers of complexity and so many things to do that it never gets old.

    Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I can't tell for sure which was the worst, but there are two particular instances.

    One was a kid who was rich and terribly cruel. He kept trying to do subtle jabs at everyone while acting like they were friends. He'd host parties for the sake of humiliating people without directly doing anything - just bragging about how rich he was (well, his parents were).

    The other was a guy that wouldn't make sense no matter what was said. I could go all day trying to talk to him and his replies would be always confusing or seemingly unrelated - at the same time, my replies were always misunderstood.

    Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I really like writing, reading and other creative work in general. I haven't tried to actually draw anything but I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy it if I had a solid basis on how to do it.

    I just love creativity and want to make a story at some point, regardless of the medium I actually use to do it. And use that story to try and convey things I feel are important and not very known by other people, or not focused on for that matter.

    Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Because I'm in need of a friendly environment that can possibly encompass several games and wouldn't force me to stick to specific games or leave. I want to actually have a place to stay in and hang out even beyond gaming, too, if that's possible.

    BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Do you have a community Discord server?

    If not, is there any instant messaging system you use aside from the game chats?

    Is there anything you think I should know about the community and that I might not know yet?

    Almost done!

    You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    He hands me an orb that allows me to summon friends, because while going alone is dangerous, it's a different matter if you're among nice people. Or, assuming this wasn't a 'free input' question but rather a question to know if I know the reference, it's a sword to defeat Ganon and rescue Zelda.

  2. #2
    Harplager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stretchmark Stripclub: Athens, GA.
    Posts
    5,789
    No, the old man in the cave is totally free form. You did well.

    The U is a great place for people that value the friends over the game. We tend to migrate between games frequently. I started in STO, played for a year or so, then kinda lost it until this month. But I still have relationships with several of the people that primarily play it.

    I'm going to use an old stand by question because I always feel richer from getting answers from others: What's your favorite book and why?
    We are the people our parents warned us about - Foulsoul
    My Original App.

    How to link pictures in the Unrepentant forum.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Harplager View Post
    No, the old man in the cave is totally free form. You did well.

    The U is a great place for people that value the friends over the game. We tend to migrate between games frequently. I started in STO, played for a year or so, then kinda lost it until this month. But I still have relationships with several of the people that primarily play it.

    I'm going to use an old stand by question because I always feel richer from getting answers from others: What's your favorite book and why?
    This is a tough one as I'm, perhaps surprisingly, not an avid book reader - while I like reading I've been mainly reading fanfiction over actual books for the last couple years.

    Still, if I'm to choose, I suppose it falls between LOTR, Harry Potter and 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians'.

    LOTR for the fantasy and the storytelling, and its intriguing yet simple world. Not as much for the characters, though I really like Gandalf without any solid reasons for that aside from 'he's nice and wise'.

    Harry Potter for its magic and the fact that it has roots far before the actual storyline and can be explored indefinitely.

    Percy Jackson and the Olympians for its mythological theme and the fact it elaborates on Earth's history and manages to tell a convincing tale that, while not real, might as well have been.

    Edit: Oh, and on the subject of LOTRO, I've made a character just now by the name of Erwendis, I'll probably be using her to play with the guild if I join, since she's apparently in the same server the guild is in.
    Last edited by KazamiTempest; 10-23-2017 at 06:01 PM.

  4. #4
    McVeganPants's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,687
    Hey Kazami, thanks for taking the time to apply!

    So whats the funniest/dumbest/most embarrassing thing you've done as an adult... outside of gaming?

    The U does not have a community Discord server, but there are some folks that talk to each other on Slack. I was on there for a little bit, but between Discord and another Slack group I'm in, I never have time to read it anymore.

    The forums are usually hoppin and poppin, and we also have our own Mumble voice chat server.

    The only other thing I can think of to tell you about the community is to beware of Chef's white van.

    Have you written fanfiction of your own? When I was young I was really into writing Star Wars fanfic. But that was back in the 90's. :P

    Ps-I tried to send you a probationary Kinship invite, but I think you logged out just as I PM'd you. We both need to be online at the same time to send the invite. You can message me on Discord next time you're on or maybe hit up one of the officers if you see them online.
    Last edited by McVeganPants; 10-23-2017 at 07:17 PM.
    Not actually Scottish. Not actually wearing pants. Actually vegan.


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by McVeganPants View Post
    Hey Kazami, thanks for taking the time to apply!

    So whats the funniest/dumbest/most embarrassing thing you've done as an adult... outside of gaming?

    The U does not have a community Discord server, but there are some folks that talk to each other on Slack. I was on there for a little bit, but between Discord and another Slack group I'm in, I never have time to read it anymore.

    The forums are usually hoppin and poppin, and we also have our own Mumble voice chat server.

    The only other thing I can think of to tell you about the community is to beware of Chef's white van.

    Have you written fanfiction of your own? When I was young I was really into writing Star Wars fanfic. But that was back in the 90's. :P

    Ps-I tried to send you a probationary Kinship invite, but I think you logged out just as I PM'd you. We both need to be online at the same time to send the invite. You can message me on Discord next time you're on or maybe hit up one of the officers if you see them online.
    I tried writing some fanfiction, yes. It didn't get very far because I lost sight of what I wanted to do with it, but it was fun while it lasted.

    Uh, outside of gaming is a tough one to be fair, I already struggled to find something like that in gaming. I'd say I'm normally a very reserved person so the most embarrassing is probably those times where I was meeting new people and just kind of stumbled my way through to try and make a conversation and wound up sounding weird or silly XD.

    And I was around but the tab was on the background and as such despite being online I guess it showed me as offline? Well, we can solve it some other time I guess. It's somewhat late over here anyways so I'm likely to go sleep soon.

  6. #6
    SharpPointyStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Carolina,USA
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by McVeganPants View Post
    beware of Chef's white van.
    Good advice! My van on the other hand is completely safe! It has puppies!...& kittens!!...& cake!!!! Hop in! You can trust me!!
    Not played Lotro lately but its just one of many awesome games the U is in. Joining us is more about joining the community than any one game. We ARE a community in that sense, not just a guild. That said, stay active here. Look around at other areas in the forums you have access to. Get to know us & give us a chance to get to know you. We generally don't give a damn how "good" you are at gaming, just how good a person you are to hang out with! Keep letting us know more about you. Ask about us.
    Catfight is so bad, being caught masturbating to it would actually be less embarrassing than being caught playing it.-The 15 worst PC games of all time(PC Gamer)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
    Good advice! My van on the other hand is completely safe! It has puppies!...& kittens!!...& cake!!!! Hop in! You can trust me!!
    Not played Lotro lately but its just one of many awesome games the U is in. Joining us is more about joining the community than any one game. We ARE a community in that sense, not just a guild. That said, stay active here. Look around at other areas in the forums you have access to. Get to know us & give us a chance to get to know you. We generally don't give a damn how "good" you are at gaming, just how good a person you are to hang out with! Keep letting us know more about you. Ask about us.
    Alright, thanks for the message, and will do. I'm happy to find such a nice community, honestly. I'm not great at being active on forums and whatnot for extended periods of time but I'll try my best! I'd have way less trouble keeping up with say, discord, personally. But no worries. I'm sure this is going to work out fine as long as I keep trying.

    And to anyone that might be reading, how are you today? Did anything nice happen? If so, what?

    Edit:Oh, also, McVeganPants mentioned a Slack server, and I'm wondering if that has a guest area or accepts guests at all? Because that might be better for me to be interactive in than forums. I always feel the need to have some kind of specific purpose on all of my posts when I'm in a forum, so a text chat would feel less constrained for me XD. But if not that's fine too.
    Last edited by KazamiTempest; 10-24-2017 at 01:57 PM.

  8. #8
    SharpPointyStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Carolina,USA
    Posts
    2,564
    Do need to stay active here for now at least. Upon acceptance you don't ever have to post on the forums again if you don't want to. For now though it's one of the key ways the U as a whole interacts with a new applicant & gets to know you. It's part of the app process. Know it may not be entirely convenient but it generally works to let in the kind of people that will be a good fit & keep out those that won't.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
    Do need to stay active here for now at least. Upon acceptance you don't ever have to post on the forums again if you don't want to. For now though it's one of the key ways the U as a whole interacts with a new applicant & gets to know you. It's part of the app process. Know it may not be entirely convenient but it generally works to let in the kind of people that will be a good fit & keep out those that won't.
    Oh, I understand. I was just asking because I figured, asking doesn't hurt. XD. I'm fine with how things are done, and I don't really need it to be any different. It's slightly inconvenient, but as I said, I'll manage.

    On another note, I notice a lot of my questions being skipped over, does that mean they weren't really interesting enough or something? Again, it's okay if that happens, but I'd like to understand yall a bit better, that's why I'm asking those things. XD

    Edit: By the way, I'm also willing to play DDO and SWTOR and maybe Minecraft or games like that at some point. Probably would want to focus on one at a time initially, but yeah. I'm wondering how I would go about editing the title, since I was told that that may be possible? Just to include those games there...?
    Last edited by KazamiTempest; 10-24-2017 at 02:27 PM.

  10. #10
    SharpPointyStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Carolina,USA
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by KazamiTempest View Post
    On another note, I notice a lot of my questions being skipped over, does that mean they weren't really interesting enough or something?
    I love scrambled eggs! Do you like scrambled eggs? Did you say something a minute ago? I'm not sure because I'm too special to care! lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBSlider - Copyright © DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Single Sign On provided by vBSSO