View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: CoachBen - Neverwinter PC (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter PC

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Yrthos Bng'Brap

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Negative

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    When my son was about two weeks old, my wife asked me to 'take a look' at his circumcision scar, because she didn't really know what it was supposed to look like. I was like, "Sure! No problem." I put my face nice and close to get a good look and was soon met with a stream of pee in my face. I've never heard my wife laugh so hard.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I've only had two jobs and they are both the coolest and worst for different reasons. I coach girls competitive gymnastics which is cool because I get to wear sweatpants to work and teach kids awesome tricks... However, they are other people's kids which can be gross (I've had more than one kid wet themselves during class). My other job was a heavy equipment operator in the United States Marine Corps Reserve. Learned a lot in 6 years but also lost some friends.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Super Mario World - Classic SNES nostalgia, I remember unlocking 100% of the game with the Nintendo Power Guide with my brothers
    Tie Fighter CD-ROM - This PC game was the perfect combination of Star Wars and computer flight sim.
    Guitar Hero - Fun at a party or alone

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    My wife refused to leave me alone until I agreed to go out with her. We've been together 5 years now.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I'm a professional gymnastics Coach and have over 25 years of gymnastics experience. My two step daughters are competitive gymnasts.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Found it on Reddit. Recommended by WoM

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    I'm a dad with 3 kids, I play at night and don't spend lots of money. Is there any kind of requirement for activity or buying stuff?

Also, I'm on Pacific Time and I play at night, is there anyone active at that time? My discord is usually dead at night. Oh yeah... Discord server?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    It's the sword because it's NES Zelda.

Coachben joined us yesterday in game and was pretty active in chat for awhile. Positive so far.

Coach, welcome to the application process. The first date, so to speak, where we get to know you and you get to know us. Our community is large, and our members have very diverse interests. Not all of them play Neverwinter. So it's important to remain active here in your forum application, even if you are active in game. If you check out the rejected application section of the forums, you'll find that a majority of the applications that we reject, we reject for inactivity (although there are some epic meltdowns as well). This process is one of the few things we take seriously here (the others can be found in the rules. It's a very short list). Once accepted, there are NO activity requirements in game or on the forums. It takes 4 yes votes to get accepted, only three to be rejected. The only votes that count towards your vote total are votes from leadership members with golden, green or purple names.

One more thing, get yourself an avatar. See you in game.
    "My fist is getting itchy, as is my hamster." -Minsc.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnedhand View Post

One more thing, get yourself an avatar. See you in game.
    Yes, this...and then I'll ask you about it. So choose carefully!
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Hi! Thank you for reviewing my application and considering me for membership. I appreciate it very much.

Hey CoachBen! Welcome to the wonderful world of the U's application process. Ooh it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBen View Post
    I'm a dad with 3 kids, I play at night and don't spend lots of money. Is there any kind of requirement for activity or buying stuff?
    The only activity that's needed is during the app process. Once your name is in red, you can magically disappear and reappear at random times...forever and ever. You will see members pop in and out of games, forums, etc. Life happens! The greatest thing about this place is once a member, always a member.

Never feel pressured to spend money. Our members span over numerous games as LearnedHand mentioned above, and many include F2P because who likes to spend money! Dungeons and Dragons Online, Warframe, Neverwinter to name a couple. There's also a thread to help with saving money on video games by helping to identify any deals and such.

I'm happy to see you've hooked up with members in game. Everyone has gone through this process and we all know what it was like to apply. When I was applying, I was pretty active in game chat and Mumble. I was even starting my own groups. Then I nudged them to stop by my app and comment. That membership feedback is the best way for our Ufficers (yellow named rays of sunshine) to votey vote vote.
    Last edited by Roxxu; 10-27-2017 at 02:56 AM.

CoachBen has been active on Discord and within our Alliance Chat. I am glad he just hit lvl70, so we can run some content together! So far good interactions.

I like the avatar - something a little bit different. Not sure what it says about you though...you like ballet? Yes/no? If no, which of the more "cultured" end of the entertainment industry do you like? I will admit to some opera, used to go to the Royal Opera House and English National Opera when I lived in London...havent been for many years...

Blog Entries
    Hello CoachBen, welcome to the app process. I shall begin my random questions on the sports front - gymnastics is a fairly niche sport/activity for men, were you a gymnast yourself or did you just get into coaching it later?

Growing up, one of the guys in my neighborhood was into gymnastics, like he and one other kid were the male gymnastics team for our school. He was good though, and got a college scholarship out of it, and his little brother got a soccer scholarship (this was back in the day when soccer was the sport for the odd kids and foreign exchange students). So I guess their parents were smart to have them focus on the non-mainstream sports of the day.
    How are gymnastics parents? Do you get many crazy, in your face parents, or are those more of the football/baseball parents crowd?

Enjoy your application process, it only hurts at the end, and also in the middle and beginning!
    ~ChefB, friend of all creatures great and small and in need of a ride in my windowless black van

Quote Originally Posted by arkle View Post
    I like the avatar - something a little bit different. Not sure what it says about you though...you like ballet? Yes/no? If no, which of the more "cultured" end of the entertainment industry do you like? I will admit to some opera, used to go to the Royal Opera House and English National Opera when I lived in London...havent been for many years...
    Hi arkle - this avatar is artwork that I did myself on the computer in photoshop. It has a lot of connection to my real life as a gymnastics coach - ballet was close though!

IRL I teach girls competitive gymnastics and this is my team's logo. The gymnast in the picture is my oldest stepdaughter Kylie - our team captain. The star represents the theme of our gymnastics club and the hummingbird is an homage to the gym's former owner who passed away 3 years ago today (1 Nov).

Ballet... As a gymnast, I had some ballet lessons as a kid, I also teach some ballet in gymnastics as they are similar. I have seen the Pacific Northwest Ballet's production of the Nutcracker probably 10 times. My family also went to a few musicals when I was a kid -- the phantom of the opera was as close as we got to actual opera.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBourdain View Post
    Hello CoachBen, welcome to the app process. I shall begin my random questions on the sports front - gymnastics is a fairly niche sport/activity for men, were you a gymnast yourself or did you just get into coaching it later?

Growing up, one of the guys in my neighborhood was into gymnastics, like he and one other kid were the male gymnastics team for our school. He was good though, and got a college scholarship out of it, and his little brother got a soccer scholarship (this was back in the day when soccer was the sport for the odd kids and foreign exchange students). So I guess their parents were smart to have them focus on the non-mainstream sports of the day.
    How are gymnastics parents? Do you get many crazy, in your face parents, or are those more of the football/baseball parents crowd?

Enjoy your application process, it only hurts at the end, and also in the middle and beginning!
    ~ChefB, friend of all creatures great and small and in need of a ride in my windowless black van
    Hello Chef! I was a gymnast until age 14 - I quit when I was left without a coach, but I became a coach myself about a month later -- now I am on my 19th season (year) as a coach. The parents of gymnasts are typically very supportive, their behavior can vary depending on the culture of the gym. Some are "win at all costs" some are "Lets just have fun" some are trying to invent new things while others are institutions of old-school philosophies. My team is about fostering talent and helping everyone meet their potential. We value hard work over achievement and are usually rewarded for it.

Thanks for the questions

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast