View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: Jethyk - FFXIV, maybe FFXV if i can learn how to play (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    FFXIV, maybe FFXV if i can learn how to play

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Jethyk Myrr (main, Siren server)

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Not that I know of.

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Most of my dumb or embarrassing stories involve (lots of) alcohol or ah, lewd acts...or both together, which miiight not be that good of a first impression. Well, depending on y'all I guess lol, but the tmi should probably wait.

I did do something stupid recently -- went a whole work day with not only my shirt inside out, but my pants too! Tags just flappin' in the breeze the whole day long.. I'm a vendor so I mostly work by myself, the only thing that alerted me was reaching back to scratch my neck in the middle of my last assignment. (Look, in my defense, the pants were slip on, so no zipper to alert me..and I was half asleep when I got dressed. And when I was at work. I'm half-asleep almost at any given moment, tbh.) At least it answered why everyone was giving me funny looks all day...

I also set the stove in my first apartment on fire once, but that doesn't count bc I was nineteen and you said adult~

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Oh none of my jobs have been cool, just different various degrees of soul-crushing wage slavery, BUT one or two of them *have* been...interesting. Craziest one was probably the night shift auditor at a sleazy half-a-star hotel where there was anything on grounds from constant drug deals to bar fights to weapons drawn (!) to an honest-to-God (not even kidding!) *prostitution ring* there. I actually started to felt a bit lonely if I didn't get to see my buddies in blue at least once on the weekend.

Come to think of it, that was probably the worst too.. Mostly because I never had what I needed, never had help from the sleazeball manager, actually got in trouble for calling the police (shockingly the manager wasn't so innocent either) and had to deal with angry people all the time. Mostly non-locals traveling, who got rooms off some cheap deals website without paying attention to the previous reviews lol. The 'working girls' were really sweet to me though, so that was nice.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    If MMOs don't count (I'll probably keep playing FFXIV off and on til the servers crumble to dust) then...Dragon Age 2, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and FFX. DA2 and FFX because I love both those games for their story and characters -- idk, despite what the consensus on them seems to be, they're games I played thru at kind of difficult times in my life, immersing myself in them got me thru some emotionally traumatic events, so .. they mean a lot. Breath of the Wild just because I could spend all day just fuckin' around in that game, I love it so much. I played it a few hours a day for like a month and I still haven't beaten it, lol. It's too much fun seeing all the crazy shit you can do.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I guess...mostly the co-workers I had in the midwest that just had to say racist or sexist or homophobic shit in front of me, making stupid 'jokes' so they could see if I laughed and was the kind of person they could make those jokes in front of. Y'know, suss out if I was *like them* instead of like those *others*.

Ok that might've been more than annoying (rage inducing most of the time actually) but I don't tend to get annoyed by much except straight-up ignorance like that, so those are really the only kind of people I can think of...Least when I told them I was queer they stopped talking to me entirely, so win/win lol.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I draw as a freelance character artist -- which I'd link my stuff, but my tumblr blog is VERY nsfw, and most of my art is actually nsfw, but if anyone does want to see it just ask and I'll send you a link. I also write (poorly) and RP (less poorly???) and I know how to ride a horse. :B

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I'm looking for a casual, social, friendly FC on Siren (Aether data center server on FFXIV) and especially one where people actually talk to one another which, suprisingly, seems to be rare. < _ >; And the advert I saw on Reddit sounded really cool, so I wanted to give it a try.

I've always kind of always wanted to make more gaming friends, since I've started getting WAY more into games nowadays, and would like to be able to play other things with ppl like Diablo III or FFXV or Overwatch, etc. Most of my other friends aren't really into that sort of thing.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Is cursing ok? Cos I kinda curse like a sailor, but not to an obnoxious degree I think. I pretty much showed it all here in my answers, just will throw out a fuckin or a shit or damn once in a while.

Also hopefully y'all are LGBT friendly, I'm thinkin so but figure y'know. It's better to know for sure, whether I can make jokes about finding this or that NPC* hot or whatever, and not have to worry about bad reactions. Cos lemme tell ya. Some FCs out there ain't so nice. >>;

I also use emojis a lot, I am ashamed of it, yes.

*Aymeric. I'm talking about Aymeric.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    ...........the answer probably isn't related to that Starbomb song, is it?

Well dang. I like this app already. Let us know when you’re online and we’ll shoot you a linkshell invite so you can get to know us better!

To answer your questions, we’re pretty sweary too but there are some things you cannae say, as laid out in our guild rules charter. We’re also very inclusive and welcoming and I hope we’re a good fit for you as well as you being a good fit for us. We’re all a bit different here in the U and frankly it’s the best part about us.

Also if you can draw, pretty sure half the FC will commission character portraits.

So we’ll keep the conversation going! What’s your main class(es please be tank)?
    CO: @ZandarTheWeeble
    FF XIV: Zandar Casseline on Siren
    WS: Zandar on Caretaker
    Origin: Zandar1

Manderville, Manderville, Manderville man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethyk View Post
    Also hopefully y'all are LGBT friendly, I'm thinkin so but figure y'know. It's better to know for sure, whether I can make jokes about finding this or that NPC* hot or whatever, and not have to worry about bad reactions. Cos lemme tell ya. Some FCs out there ain't so nice. >>;

I also use emojis a lot, I am ashamed of it, yes.

*Aymeric. I'm talking about Aymeric.
    We've got several LGBT members, and we expect people to treat each other well regardless of orientation/preferences/etc.

Also, I mean, it's Aymeric. Anyone who'd give you grief for that has no soul. I'm not into dudes but I could see the appeal.

I think we've got you a Linkshell invite, but hit us up when you're online! I'm on lunch break at the moment, delving into the new Squad stuff because I've painstakingly built my Waifu Death Squad up from scratch.

What's your favorite part of 4.1 so far?

Or least-favorite, if you've had to deal with housing salt. Through the efforts of Zandar, Kez and Mav, we lucked out and were able to get a Shirogane plot, but I know not everyone was so lucky.

DIBS on first commission? ;D
    But really- swearing is 99% all good. Just don't be a total douche and you're golden. :3
    I'm new to Dragon Age. What makes you like 2 so much, I've heard the opposite from just about everyone about 2. I only just started playing Origins, and am about 25% through Inquisition. I'm attached to the story so badly I spoiled myself on a few things because I just couldn't wait to play through it!

What class/role to you prefer to play?
    What's your favorite food?
    Do you like pierogies*?
    Borks or Mews?

(*This is the important question!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zandar1 View Post
    Also if you can draw, pretty sure half the FC will commission character portraits.

So we’ll keep the conversation going! What’s your main class(es please be tank)?
    It's a good thing I just opened Christmas commissions again then! /subtle

My true main is monk, but I'm also gearing my DRK, sooo yes I'm also a tank! Newbie tank, really, but I've been getting much more into tanking end game stuff, tackled OS1 a few times but I definitely need a better weapon before I try anything else. I'm also a WHM, trying to gear that up as well. x.x;

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    We've got several LGBT members, and we expect people to treat each other well regardless of orientation/preferences/etc.

Also, I mean, it's Aymeric. Anyone who'd give you grief for that has no soul. I'm not into dudes but I could see the appeal.

I think we've got you a Linkshell invite, but hit us up when you're online! I'm on lunch break at the moment, delving into the new Squad stuff because I've painstakingly built my Waifu Death Squad up from scratch.

What's your favorite part of 4.1 so far?

Or least-favorite, if you've had to deal with housing salt. Through the efforts of Zandar, Kez and Mav, we lucked out and were able to get a Shirogane plot, but I know not everyone was so lucky.
    I def try to treat people with respect & use the golden rule. But I'm glad to hear that I was on yesterday, but I tend to be a little shy at first... Plus I was severely distracted by trying to get thru the new raid so hopefully I didn't ignore anyone if they said hi, lol... The whole morning was a blur from getting up at 3am to join the Amazing Eorzean Race, I was sooo sleepy by the time I unlocked the raid & primal. Which I'd have to say, Ivalice is my favorite so far! It's so awesome with the music and the fights.

I did get one, thank you! Congrats to you guys too! Even got my 1st choice, when i managed to get on, there was only like, 8 of that plot left period so I ran like crazy XD. Plot 4, ward 12, if you are ever in the neighborhood.

Of course I'm too broke to actually decorate it now lmao. But still, lucky break.

Quote Originally Posted by kez.ash View Post
    DIBS on first commission? ;D
    But really- swearing is 99% all good. Just don't be a total douche and you're golden. :3
    I'm new to Dragon Age. What makes you like 2 so much, I've heard the opposite from just about everyone about 2. I only just started playing Origins, and am about 25% through Inquisition. I'm attached to the story so badly I spoiled myself on a few things because I just couldn't wait to play through it!

What class/role to you prefer to play?
    What's your favorite food?
    Do you like pierogies*?
    Borks or Mews?

(*This is the important question!!)
    I'll give you dibs, haha. And ok, I'll def try not to be.
    Oh man, well...I love the companion characters a LOT, every single one of them, I love the way the story unfolds.. It's much more linear than Origins, which for me personally works out better because it keeps me on track and focused more...I really liked the way the romancing was set up, for personal reasons. It's kinda funny, what most people seemed to dislike was what I liked XD. Story more linear, combat felt simpler & tighter...it did feel like the game was rushed but that didn't detract from my enjoyment. I'm glad you're playing them though! The lore is excellent, Bioware writes wonderful characters & stories.

Let's see... Monk is my first & foremost love, unless the game gets a necromancer class I'll probably main that till the last day the servers are up, lol. Dark Knight, White mage, Bard (the 4.0 changes were A+++), Astrologian, Paladin....I would include Machinist, my secondary dps.......until 4.0...... :*(**

Fave food: Lamb gyros, heavy on the sauce...& mushroom swiss burgers. And that one strawberry lemonade ice cream from Tillamook

I love them! I've only had them once, in Seattle, but they were delicious omg.

I love both, we have four cats (fostering two for a friend) and I grew up with dogs, had two German shepards I raised from pups and an Eskimo Spitz, those are my fave breeds, plus Corgis. I miss having puppers tho. Someday!

You can't bait us with the story and not deliver.

We don't talk to each other though. We're too busy figuring out how best to make the best FFXIV party EVAR! (It's 7 dragoons and Zandar. Like a school trip to the museum crossed with Evil Dead)

Speaking of, do you have a theory on whether Rey's gonna join the dark side?
    Sisko of the U.S.S. Pants Optional

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaturtle28 View Post
    You can't bait us with the story and not deliver.

We don't talk to each other though. We're too busy figuring out how best to make the best FFXIV party EVAR! (It's 7 dragoons and Zandar. Like a school trip to the museum crossed with Evil Dead)

Speaking of, do you have a theory on whether Rey's gonna join the dark side?
    7 dragoons?? I almost feel obligated to insert a joke here but I can't think of a good one lol. And Iiii actually haven't heard that theory! I should look that up cos I'd be interested in hearing how that idea came to be...if she does I hope they show a little better representation of it cos so far, imo, I'm not too terribly impressed with these guys. If I were her I wouldn't want to put that membership on my resume, if you know what I mean~

AND WEEEELL...if you guys really do wanna hear my best embarrassing story, I guess I can...Srry at the length, I'm kinda long winded haha. I'll spoiler it.
    Spoiler:
    I was driving through the heart of rural Indiana with this guy I'd been talking to (aka trying to get with) & it was stupid early, like 3 or 4 in the morning, pitch black & the middle of nowhere. He'd picked me up from where I was staying down south and was taking me to Indy (capital city) to...well, in layman's terms, fuck all weekend. And we were both kinda sleep deprived -- I'd been up for something like 30 hours, we'd already been driving for nearly 3, and riling each other something fierce the whole way so the guy wasn't being the most attentive driver at that time.

So SOMEone (me) got the brilliant idea that road head was the best choice to make right then, and proceeded to get to it -- about 15 min in we saw flashing lights OF COURSE, and I'll never forget what he blurted out after pulling over -- "Don't sit back up, he'll know what you were doing, just pretend you fell asleep!!!" (In hindsight I think? he meant 'lean the seat back to make it look like you fell asleep lying back' but still, lol. I just sat back up really slowly and nonchalantly.)

So, the cop -- from a tiny speed-trap town with a population of 30 middle aged farmers and a cow -- shined his flashlight right in our faces & asked how much we'd had to drink, because the driver had apparently been swerving down the road that whole time. (Hmmmm I wonder why.....) He demanded to know if he'd been drinking, if I'd been drinking, what we were doing driving through town this early, why two guys were in a car together without declaring no homo, etc etc. Then he asked for our IDs and said he was going to give us both sobriety tests -- and that was when I fucked uuup & ruined my weekend both.

So, my ID was in this totebag I'd thrown some clothes and condoms in real quick, but it also had some things of my friend's in there since I'd borrowed it from her, which included a prescription bottle of her fibro medication. Which was lying right on top of my clothes, so when I opened it, the officer -- who was shining a flashlight right on the bag while I was opening it to make sure I wasn't about to pull out a gun, I guess -- saw it and immediately barked "HOLD UP! Are those DRUGS you got there???"

Things got heavy real quick, lemme tell ya. Cop made us both get out, accused me of being the guy's dealer, accused him of being my dealer and me of prostituting myself for drugs (which makes me think he saw the condoms too...or maybe my very casual rise from my 'nap') & then told me flat out I was going to jail (!!!) He was such an asshole about it too...conversation went like ~
    him: Have you ever been to jail?
    Me: *starting to cry* No, never!
    Him: Well you're going tonight!

What a charmer, eh? But he did have to call it in because he didn't know if it was illegal or not and I'm just sitting there panicking because I couldn't remember the name of the medication or how to pronounce fibromyalgia so anything I said sounded like drunken rambling anyway, and he did NOT want to wait for them to call back...I had to practically beg him to actually do that and not just haul us off. And to make matters worse my friend was freaking out and giving me death looks and ACTUALLY WHISPERED TO ME IN FRONT OF HIM "Bitch, you didn't tell me you were bringing pills, what the fuck!" Hahahaaa ohhh, mannn if my eyes could shoot daggers I woulda been arrested for manslaughter at that moment.

BUT IT ENDS (SEMI) HAPPILY. Cop gets the call back that it's actually legal medication, and tells me he'll let us go if I toss it in front of him (which, I don't know if that's actually something he could do, but I wasn't about to argue), so I emptied the bottle in the bushes, he wrote up a warning for my friend, told him to go get coffee at the gas station outside of town and followed us all the way there to make sure we did. After that we just drove the rest of the way in silence. >>;

Unfortunately...the dude and I didn't hook up after all that, pretty sure he was pissed at me. He dropped me off at a friends house and that was that. Thanks Officer Cockblock!

But that's the story of how going on a booty call almost landed me up in jail for dealing and/or prostitution! Luckily, the ONLY story like that I have...well. That involves the actual law getting involved, I mean.

App is looking pretty decent so far. We should get together and run some dungeons and stuff. Let us know when you’ll be online!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast