View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: chrschrry - Neverwinter (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Norros

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    not that I know of (yet!)

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    As an adult... well, when I was 18 (technically an adult) I started college and absolutely sucked at it. I was a rock star in high school and I never studied, but when I got to a university I crashed and burned. Flunked out, stayed depressed, stayed drunk, was a general piece of crap for about seven years until I decided to go back. Still embarrassed about how I acted before I got my act together.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    My coolest job is my current job... I am a college dean, and I still teach from time to time. In my dean job, I get to help students navigate the scary/new/ridiculous stuff they deal with in college, and then in class I get to have personal 1:1 interactions with some amazing people.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Tetris (you ever have that dream where you're playing Tetris?)
    Civ IV (because I played I-III but I fell in love with IV)
    Zelda (because when I was I kid I would play it all night until my thumb felt like it was about to bleed)

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I worked with a woman who started out as my colleague and then when we reorganized I became her boss. She was sweetness and light when she was in your face, but as soon as she turned around it was a passive-aggressive nightmare. She smiled a lot but she was a total shark.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I was a lazy, fat sack of shit and I eventually gained enough weight that it was bad for my health. Around that time, I got sick and had my tonsils out (as an adult, it was bad) and lost about 20 pounds. When that happened I decided to push it and see how far I could get... started running, eating better, counting my steps, etc. and wound up losing right at 90 pounds. Ran my first half marathon (Grandma's in Duluth MN) this past summer and it was the most amazeballs experience of my life, and a culmination of some insanely hard work.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Games come and go, guild drama comes and goes. Unrepentant is established, and has legs and staying power. And I'm not going to lie, also boons.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Have you ever read one of these applications and thought, "Oh damn, this person is undoubtedly an ax murderer, I should totally send this to the cops"?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Someone made a bunch of flyers with the tear-off tabs at the bottom and put them all over the bulletin boards on my campus... it said, "it's dangerous to go alone, take one of these," and the tear-offs were little pixelly swords. <3

The prompt said to post a picture: here's a picture of me drinking a bloody mary and a beer after I ran my half marathon. OMG they both tasted good. We'll see if this works.

Hi Chrschrry,

Welcome to the application process! To join us in Neverwinter, you should join our custom chat channel in game. The command is /channel_join Uey. Once you're on the channel, introduce yourself as a new applicant and ask for a guild invite. Any member can hook you up. Once you get the invite, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page, so that we know who you are. After that, just hang out and get to know us. We do take the application seriously, so you'll want to remain active here in the app, even if you're active in game, so all of the community members can get to know you.

Hope to see you in game.
    "My fist is getting itchy, as is my hamster." -Minsc.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Hi Chrschrry!, welcome to the App process, one of the yellow peeps who are the admin here, will walk through on how we do things etc...One of the other games you said you played back then, was Zelda...I enjoyed that game as well, couldnt play enough of it lol It did get addicting at times....You are a college Dean, Nice! I graduate with my associates in December, then im onto gettting my teaching degree next...I look forward to it! Nice to see you have a passion for what you do, I give you props for that, very inspiring...I hope to see you in game soon! I need to get back into Neverwinter myself lol

aghhhh!!

kill it... kill it with fire !! == in jest ==

I see you are wearing an Aggie T-shirt, with white letters and maroon. Texas A&M I presume?

== sigh ==

bad enough that I, as a Hog fan, have to deal with losing cheap soda bets to the Lonesome Aggie in the office... now an Aggie Applicant?

*grin*

If you are not a Texas Fighting Aggie fan, all cool. if you are... well then... double or nothing on the cheap soda? usually an upgrade from the 10 oz can to the 20 oz bottle. winner's choice.

Hah! Yeah, woo pig sooie and gig 'em and all that. I went to A&M for school, and now I'm back working there. The Maroon Bastard is a cruel master... couldn't quite stay away.

Hi, and thanks for the note and the welcome... being a dean has its ups and downs, but overall it's a pretty sweet gig. Congratulations on the associates degree and getting ready to move on to the next step... they are both big deals!

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Quote Originally Posted by chrschrry View Post
    Hi, and thanks for the note and the welcome... being a dean has its ups and downs, but overall it's a pretty sweet gig. Congratulations on the associates degree and getting ready to move on to the next step... they are both big deals!
    Thank you so much for the support, it means alot! and you are very welcome! whenever you hop onto Neverwinter, I'll join you! Good luck with your App

Well howdy there, Dean chrcchhchrrychchrchurchschicken! Good on ya going back to school, then ending up working at said school. Major University and everything! Hope everything is going well with our Neverwinterers! One bit of advice - slap up an avatar when you get a chance. The pic is great - love me some beer and bloodies both - but Ueys often identify who has posted by the avatar that shows up on the main forums page. Best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.

Duly noted, thanks for the advice. Avatar slapped up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
    Well howdy there, Dean chrcchhchrrychchrchurchschicken! Good on ya going back to school, then ending up working at said school. Major University and everything! Hope everything is going well with our Neverwinterers! One bit of advice - slap up an avatar when you get a chance. The pic is great - love me some beer and bloodies both - but Ueys often identify who has posted by the avatar that shows up on the main forums page. Best of luck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast