View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: Elvinkneekapper - Neverwinter (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Barakas Demoneye@Elvinkneeekapper#6815

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    None

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I had just told my kids not tplay on their phone and walk. I was doing just that thing and walked int o a tree .. My kids thought it was hillarious

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Current one, I am a consultant for an IT firm and I get to travel and talk to customers. Worst I am a consultant for an IT firm and I get to travel and talk to customers

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Final Fantasy VI
    Civilization
    Starcraft

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Guy at work who was a know it all or thought he was. He would argue with anything even if he had no ground or knowledge to stand on.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    4 Kids, Dogs, I get to work with cool vendors like NVIDIA for work and get paid for it.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Searched in game then did some research online. Sounds like a good guild. I will be casual but depending on travel schedule my gaming will pick up as I have nothing better to do than play from hotel. I play almost daily to some extent...

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Has the guild ever had a full wipe on an event?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Rope because you never know what you will need it for..

Hi Elvinkneekapper,

Welcome to the application process. To join us in Neverwinter, you should join the our custom chat channel in game. The command is /channel_join Uey. Once you're on the channel, introduce yourself as a new applicant and ask for a guild invite. Any member can hook you up. Once you get the invite, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page, so that we know who you are. After that, just hang out and get to know us. Our community does take the application process seriously, so to get accepted you need to stay active here in your app, even if you're active in game, for the benefit of our members that don't play Neverwinter. We all want to get to know you. Hope to see you in game soon.
    "My fist is getting itchy, as is my hamster." -Minsc.

Welcome to the application process Elvinkneekapper! Be sure to stay active in your application and try to get to know some of the folks in Uey chat.

Final Fantasy VI
    Civilization
    Starcraft

My dude! Grew up on FFIV and FFVI, and I still play Civ 5. I keep meaning to check out 6 but I know it will take my life over for a while, so I've been holding out. Do you have a favorite edition? Civ?

Has the guild ever had a full wipe on an event?

I can't say I've ever participated in a guild or alliance run that we couldn't finish, but I know second-hand that it has happened, especially in MSVA. That being said, I screw up all the time, and no one has kicked me out yet. We take more of a "games are supposed to be fun" approach, which works out well in NWO because there aren't any insanely complicated 3-hour raids in the game.

Are you, by chance, a D&D player? Because's that's a D&D player answer if I've ever heard one.

Quote Originally Posted by dawid View Post
    Welcome to the application process Elvinkneekapper! Be sure to stay active in your application and try to get to know some of the folks in Uey chat.
    Will do. I got the invite to Tuxedo TShirt Alliance and will do so..

My dude! Grew up on FFIV and FFVI, and I still play Civ 5. I keep meaning to check out 6 but I know it will take my life over for a while, so I've been holding out. Do you have a favorite edition? Civ?
    Probably, Civ III or Civ IV. I rarely play anymore, life, kids, work have to prioritize.

I can't say I've ever participated in a guild or alliance run that we couldn't finish, but I know second-hand that it has happened, especially in MSVA. That being said, I screw up all the time, and no one has kicked me out yet. We take more of a "games are supposed to be fun" approach, which works out well in NWO because there aren't any insanely complicated 3-hour raids in the game.
    Oh yeah, I used to play a lot of MMO's back in the day, it happens. Rub some dirt on it and get back in the fight, used to play WoW and Everquest "too much"

Are you, by chance, a D&D player? Because's that's a D&D player answer if I've ever heard one.
    You caught me, guilty as charged. Been playing since 2nd edition I recently even started playing with my kids a bit. Probably one of the reasons I like Neverwinter so much is the nostalgia, kind of an addict as I play Neverwinter on both PC & PS4 now... up to lvl 62 working through EE campaign now..

Cheers and see everyone in game

Quote Originally Posted by Elvinkneekapper View Post
    You caught me, guilty as charged. Been playing since 2nd edition I recently even started playing with my kids a bit. Probably one of the reasons I like Neverwinter so much is the nostalgia, kind of an addict as I play Neverwinter on both PC & PS4 now... up to lvl 62 working through EE campaign now..

Cheers and see everyone in game
    Same here, I started with 2E (after I had outgrown the "basic" D&D red box) and that's the edition I really cut my teeth on. There are a lot of D&D players in the U, some who have been playing for a long ass time, and more than a few who came to NWO (and DDO) out fo love for the property.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvinkneekapper View Post
    Membership Application
    Does Samwise Gamgee say something similar which probably means JRR wrote something similar?

Welcome to the app process; I don't play much Neverwinter so the best advice i can give you with your app is to tell the Ueys you group with to drop by and leave a comment!

Second best but also vital - we will want to see an avatar on your app...
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Have you managed to meet up with the Neverwinter peeps?
    Mutiny - Is it okay if I call you the artist former known as D.R., Mr. Fuentes?
    Death_Rictus - Except that would require me to be an artist... and I'm not that by even the loosest of definitions.
    Mutiny - No, you are. Your canvas is polygonal artificial intelligence-controlled cops and your paint is their blood.

I have met up with a lot of the Neverwinter peeps, been engaged in regular guild events in the Stronghold and groups, getting influence and helping others where I can.

Quote Originally Posted by arkle View Post
    Does Samwise Gamgee say something similar which probably means JRR wrote something similar?

Welcome to the app process; I don't play much Neverwinter so the best advice i can give you with your app is to tell the Ueys you group with to drop by and leave a comment!

Second best but also vital - we will want to see an avatar on your app...
    If Samwise said it (possible) it was buried deeply in my subconscious somewhere, can't claim it was original but it came to me off the top of my head. Thinking about it, it reminds me of Boondock Saints..

Will mention this to the UEYs in channel

P.S. Avatar added.

Elvenkneekapper has been pretty active in game and seems to be fitting in pretty well. So far so good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast