View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App: Valeris - Neverwinter; maybe ESO (4/0)

Hey just wanted to say a few things Valeris is always friendly and on the game, a lot talks in uey channel and is a good fit for the guild.

Well, I'm not sure if I'd call it the coolest case I've read, but one of the more memorable is called Palsgraf v. Long Island Rail Road. Ms. Palsgraf got hit by some scales after two train conductors tried to get a man onto a train a platform over. He dropped his package which contained either explosives or fireworks, which got hit by the train wheels and exploded. The explosion caused a clock near Ms. Palsgraf (who was 10-20 feet away) to fall over, hitting a pile of scales, which fell onto Ms. Palsgraf and injured her. Thus developed the rule that you are not liable for damages to unforseen plaintiffs.

I'm liking the app so far - and as a largely non Neverwinter player positive feedback from other Ueys is the way to go.

Did you take/have taken a picture outside Bilbo's door? Or was it actually Frodo's door or even Lobelia's door by that stage?
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by arkle View Post
    I'm liking the app so far - and as a largely non Neverwinter player positive feedback from other Ueys is the way to go.
    Same here, you might want to make sure everyone knows you're an applicant and ask them to drop by your app...
    Mutiny - Is it okay if I call you the artist former known as D.R., Mr. Fuentes?
    Death_Rictus - Except that would require me to be an artist... and I'm not that by even the loosest of definitions.
    Mutiny - No, you are. Your canvas is polygonal artificial intelligence-controlled cops and your paint is their blood.

I did indeed take a picture in front of Bilbo's door, which was in fact Bilbo's door ("No Admittance Except on Party Business" sign and all). Had to be careful though since they were still doing pickup shots for the Hobbit then so couldn't muck around too much. Thanks for the advice, Rictus. I've been dropping hints every now and then.

Cowering behind a DM screen looking shifty...
    Blog Entries
    nice little application, what drew you to NWN? do you have a background in D&D or did you come to it purely from a computer gaming point of view?
    I don't really blog any more but you can follow my painting on instagram...
    https://www.instagram.com/williamsond956/?hl=en

Thanks. I actually have no D&D background whatsoever besides some friends who do have a background in D&D and play DDO. I was a beta tester and long-time player of Star Trek Online (one of Cryptic's other MMOs). Due to being on their promo email list, I had been piling up a ton of free stuff in game, so I decided I would see what all the free stuff was about (yay free items!).

You have friends who play DDO? Do they want to join a cool guild?

I inadvertantly caught a bit of the Battle of Five Armies on terrestrial TV over the weekend and it wasn't as bad as I remembered; might have to watch them all again.

Are there any movies or books where you changed your opinion of it/them?

I can see about my friend. She might have stopped playing. She's been a lot busier lately, and I think Overwatch sucked her in.

I've only watched the Hobbit trilogy one time (LotR multiple times). Only thing that resulted was me sitting next to my friend the whole movie going "I was there! I stood there! I saw that sword being made!" and probably annoying them quite a bit. Maybe it won't be as terrible if I watch it again.

As for a movie that I changed my opinion of, it would be the first Hunger Games. My sister had been a big fan of the books so I, as the older brother, obviously had to hate them without reading or watching them. The family outvoted me to go to the first movie for Thanksgiving. I thought it was good although I'm not a big fan of the genre (much more of a historical fiction kind of guy).

Just joshing...although new members always welcome.

I'm liking the app so going to kick it to the next level with a Yes vote

YES

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast