Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Several new TV shows worth checking out - Lucifer, Minority Report and Blindspot!

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    I read the Lucifer comic, but did not make the connection...huge Gaiman fan.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

Cowering behind a DM screen looking shifty...
    Blog Entries
    I watched the limitless pilot today it was quite good by all accounts, I'll definitely be watching it if it goes to series.
    I don't really blog any more but you can follow my painting on instagram...
    https://www.instagram.com/williamsond956/?hl=en

I have it on my phone and was going to watch it at lunch.

I took the day off yesterday and watched Dark Matter, since you all keep talking about it. I am a bit meh about it overall. Some of the writing was just... terrible, but I like the premise of the show and think it has some promise.

I prefer Killjoys but Dark Matter is fun, reminds me of Stargate.

I've checked out Dark Matter myself. I'm only four episodes in so I'll reserve judgment until I'm further in since they're still fleshing out the characters. Seems decent so far though.

Anyone watch Gotham? Good or bad? Yay or nay?

I enjoy Gotham, but without the IP it doesn't stand up. It's trying to be a cop show set in a fictional city, but without the ephemeral connection to the comics and films it would probably fail. I have a strong connection for Bruce Wayne and Jim Gordon, not to mention Felicia Kyle and Alfred and the other DC characters so I put up with some things that would not fly in a traditional police drama.

The casting is very solid and if you have a soft spot for the Batman Mythos, you will enjoy it.

I love the Joker in Gotham, who (with the most recent episode I've watched) is back in the show now. I think, overall, the acting is pretty good.

Official Coiner of Terms ObiWanJabroni's Avatar
    I also like Gotham, but you do need to be a Batman fan and allow for storytelling liberties. Every on-screen version of Batman is a different interpretation of the source material and things change. I say this about every screen adaptation of other works - get over it and enjoy the story and setting in a new medium that can't possibly capture decades of prior works. Hell, even comics aren't internally consistent with things, it makes no sense to expect adapted material to be consistent with the comics.

That said, Gotham Alfred is probably my favorite of the Alfreds so far. I love Michael Caine and all (and expect Jeremy Irons to be badass), but this guy captures everything I wanted to see from a younger Alfred.

Speaking of comic book series that took a lot of liberties with the source material: Netflix's Daredevil is amazing.

Spoiler:
    I mean, DD only beats up Turk twice in the whole season. He should get beaten up every other episode, at least.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast