Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Several new TV shows worth checking out - Lucifer, Minority Report and Blindspot!

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    So the pilots for these have leaked out and I watched the other night...all very solid new shows.

Lucifer - dumb idea for a show, Lucifer has quit as King of Hell and moved to Los Angeles where he ends up teaming with a cop to solve murders...but it was highly entertaining, the odd thing that makes the show work, he makes no pretense about being Lucifer, immortal and just goes with it, people look at him odd, but he is so nonchalant about it that it just works. The chemistry of the cast is very solid and the writing is pretty smart. I thought it would be just, well, retarded, but ended up really enjoying it. Not sure how long they can maintain the premise of Lucifer crime solver, but the first episode worked well.

Blindspot - woman wakes up has chemically induced amnesia and is covered in cryptic tattoos, feels a lot like Memento (great movie) meets Black List (great TV show). Again solid cast helps carry a somewhat over the top premise. The actor that plays the FBI agent was my fave from Strike Back (another fantastic show) and is again playing an American, which is a shame since he is Australian and has a great accent. The female lead is Sif from the Thor movies. Fun show, over top premise, but looks to be engaging.

Minority Report - based on the movie, set 10 or so years after, future crime has been abolished and the prescients have escaped back into the regular world, you are following one of the twin boys as he tries to come to terms with not being able to prevent the horrible things he sees. Solid cast, smart writing and well directed. I thought this was going to suck, was much better than the movie and looks like it's going to do a good job handling the consequences of predetermination versus free will.

Anyway, worth a DL if you see em pop up.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

I hate to promote their "pay for ads, because of course" model, but Hulu has 2 pretty good comedies that I've enjoyed.

Deadbeat - Slob type guy can talk to ghosts. Helps them go to the other side by solving their unfinished business. His archenemy is a TV psychic that claims to talk to ghosts, but can't and he keeps accidentally exposing her. 2 seasons so far.

Difficult people - Narcissistic pair go through life trying to make it in show business. It hasn't hit its stride yet because it's only 3 episodes deep, but it has been worth watching so far - I've had at least 1 belly laugh each episode.
    We are the people our parents warned us about - Foulsoul
    My Original App.

How to link pictures in the Unrepentant forum.

Will have to check out Deadbeat that sounds right up my alley.

Also been watching Impastor on TVland, it's surprising how many smaller networks are doing original programming now.

Impastor is about con man who ends up taking the identity of a pastor who is on his way to a new job, the premise is a little stretched in this day and age where finding a pic of someone or even in a faceless communication there is generally some sort of visual complimenting it in social media. Anyway, the guy that played Lex Luthor on Smallville is the con man and it's very funny. Definitely worth a look, even though the premise gets stretched a bit, it is a sitcom after all.

I just watched the pilot episode of Lucifer well not too bad I must say. Will be following it like the other shows. Currently following so many shows haha

Cowering behind a DM screen looking shifty...
    Blog Entries
    I tried to find lucifer a few days back but to know avail, how was it titled? just lucifer?
    I don't really blog any more but you can follow my painting on instagram...
    https://www.instagram.com/williamsond956/?hl=en

Yup, I know it was up on Kickass Torrents and Pbay.

Also Public Morals is very good, 1960's NYC, following a group of Vice cops...really solid show.

Blunt Talk with Patrick Stewart was hysterical, COMPLETELY different role for Patrick Stewart but he just makes it charming, could not see the show working with anyone else in the role.

Cowering behind a DM screen looking shifty...
    Blog Entries
    found it in the end very funny show I think i will follow it once it Airs.

Lucifer, presuming you didn't know, is based off of the comic book of the same name, which in turn was a continuation of the depiction of Lucifer in Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic. The Lucifer title definitely had a beginning middle and end, so as far as maintaining the story I'm not sure. It definitely does touch on some religious topics obviously but I'm not sure how much of that is actually gonna make it to the small screen. If in the long run it turns out to be just another cop show with a guy who happens to be Lucifer in it then I dunno how long its going to last. I have hopes for the show in any case.

I saw a trailer for Lucifer, didn't see it yet. I'm still pissed that Constantine was cancelled...

At the moment I've been watching Dark Matter and Killjoys, anyone else here likes them?

I've been watching Dark Matter, Mr. Robot, Humans, and The Strain.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast