View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

8 100.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: WoW App: ^^9Poo ^^5Dolphin (0/0/10)

My vote:NO, NO, NO!

I like the idea of stickying this thread as an example of what not to do!

Muscle Shoals, AL - Currently in Chicago, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavan View Post
    Or more appropriately: An example on being the fastest No-Vote in Guild History.

Which, that in-and-of itself would tell you how socially inept he "may" be. It's quite astonishing, really.
    Last edited by Faction 3; 01-25-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavan View Post
    I was keeping an eye onthis hoping it was a joke. Giving poo the benefit of doubt, maybe we were being a lil harsh. But his response very well shut that down and I also was thinking this was a sticky-worthy especially after he responded. With no tact or regret he just went with his feelings. This is not a boys club there are very cool, intelligent women here who don't need those kind of stories or attitudes where they feel safe and comfortable.
    SWTOR Republic Da Harb - Probelmz Astig - Scoundrel

NA server Todaw and TeamProblemz, currently Unranked League of Legends

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob. Dao Jones's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    His weird obsession with juvenile material (like shit), and using terms like "douchefaggot" (which, honestly, just isn't that funny) put me in mind of EXACTLY the type of gamer we founded this community to get away from. This guy literally embodies the gamer stereotype that made me so unwilling to game socially for years. His videos are childish and uninteresting, his "shocking" language is really more embarrassing for him than offensive to me, and his "dudebro" attitude and quasi-awkward over-the-top effort to come on strong in his app just reeks of the kind of person who would make me shove icepicks into my ears after ten seconds of being with them in Mumble.

When he was rejected his response was equally telling. Given the number of active and former military The U has, the assumption that we're a bunch of pro-gun-control liberal yappies* is laughable. Given that one of our female players told us a story in her app of beating the hell out of a guy with a cane, it's trite to think that we're just a bunch of gutless pussies. And given that - apparently unlike this applicant - we can actually hold our liquor when we drink, I think it's more his failing for not understanding that we reference alcohol not because it defines us, but because so many of us just happen to enjoy it.

This applicant's circle of failure is complete. He did not understand us when he applied, his app reads like a ten year-old's wish-fulfillment fantasy, and his response to our rejection was tantamount to an internet tantrum; all it needed was linked pictures of dicks to make it perfect.

Sad thing is, WAY way down in the subtext of his posts I think there might have been a pretty cool guy there. It was just so buried until an avalanche of stupidity that it never got the chance to see the light of day.

When the hilarity of this app dies down, it shall earn a sticky in our hall of shame.

* Well, I am, but I'm just one guy.

Muscle Shoals, AL - Currently in Chicago, IL
    That's what I was waiting for! I even told my Fiance' a few minutes ago:

"All we need to do is wait for Dao and one of his 3 or 4 paragraph ownage letters he never fails to deliver!"

You sir, are my thesaurus (sp?) of educated insults!
    Last edited by Faction 3; 01-25-2013 at 10:54 AM.

I've read a few gems of written literature which transcend the possibilities of "stereotype" in my time (being a bit of a forum-reader), but honestly, I'd be hard-pressed to remember one so classically cliche.

O.M.G,..thinking NO doesn't quite cover it.

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob. Dao Jones's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was actually trying to be polite; when I insult people, I do it with way more snide venom.

Anyway, I think we've given the hoi polloi enough bread and circuses for today. The app wasn't good, the dude threw a weak left hook on his way out, and the community's certainty in his fit for The U (or lack thereof) has been made clear in spades. I'm going to lock and sticky this, and let it serve as a reminder to future applicants. Poo's no Snipertron (or Alverdine), but he's a good object lesson all the same.

[Edit]: For those officers who keep missing it: This thread is locked. Do not post in it.
    Last edited by Dao Jones; 01-26-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6