Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Unrepentant

See guys, when you apply to be in Unrepentant, you are not joining a guild, you are being adopted by a family.
    Thats why we try and make sure that you will be a good fit for us and us for you. We dont want you to just play Rift with us, or DDO, or any other game and then leave if it bombs. We want you to be a part of our growing family and no matter what we play you will be there playing side by side with us.

Blog Entries
    My version of our AoC history was very publicly stated: http://conanvault.ign.com/View.php?view ... ail&id=204

Its my hope that those comments were close enough to the real events that they were not tainted by time or pride.

As to the warhammer story:

We always knew what we wanted. Well, i did anyways (a high quality multi game community that i didnt have to run). Getting there was the question. At the time we were all in warhammer and with nothing new on the horizon there was no way to acheive that "multi game part" So we stayed. Learned alot from warhammer about what makes fun RvR and good PvP and we got to see all of the raid content and RvR content warhammer had.

Both Aion and Champions came out at roughly the same time. While some of us were playing Aion on chinese servers others were playing champions. Warhammer already merged servers(which served to destroy server community) and the new content was not exciting enough to keep us interested. Add to that the dumbing down of RvR and the fact that our very last week playing we tried 4 times to raid Lost Vale one of the end game dungeons we could not get in due to recently introduced bugs and you can see why we were ready to move on.

But we were finally two branches under one community. Lest i forget we also had a small LOTR contingent during this time as well.
    One who commands must, of necessity, be wildly imperfect, boldly pragmatic, capable of compromises impossible for the truly wise and the truly good.

Interesting read. Whats funny is im almost inclined to think i joined Hammerfist in AoC, i remember joining a hammer named guild, but left within a week as to a lot of people leaving said guild. i wonder if this might of been when/if i joined.

Blog Entries
    Easy enough to check - follow one of the links in the original HFC members thread and search for your app. We have a current applicant I think has the same story.

Nice and intriguing history lads. Explains alot. Youse is da bestist

Man, it's like getting drunk with a pretty lady in a club and finding out you both had typhoid in Nepal! Real Ultimate experience bonding!

great story, shame it had to happen like that, but omelets and eggs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harken
    Man, it's like getting drunk with a pretty lady in a club and finding out you both had typhoid in Nepal! Real Ultimate experience bonding!

I have never met anyone else who had typhoid. When I finally came out the of the fever delirium, all the hair had fallen off my scrotum, which was a mass of hard little zits. Not painful, but definitely disturbing. I spent all of one very shaky afternoon popping them out....

almost as much fun as joining the U

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco
    Quote Originally Posted by Harken

I have never met anyone else who had typhoid. When I finally came out the of the fever delirium, all the hair had fallen off my scrotum, which was a mass of hard little zits. Not painful, but definitely disturbing. I spent all of one very shaky afternoon popping them out....

almost as much fun as joining the U

YOU HAD TYPHOID!...dude lets hug!

Nah, my ex girlfriend had it in Nepal and almost died. We were out at a club and she met another girl who'd been in the same situation, and it was like old war buddies who'd been in the same trench but never met. They flipped out and got a bit lesbian with each other while I sipped my gin and grinned.

Wow. I think anyone who has played an MMO long enough experiences a guild crash and burn, but I'm amazed at how Unrepentant has endured and the method. Its genius really. Very cool, can't believe I stumbled on you guys by accident. A very happy accident.

Amazing read! Makes me feel like my choice to join was/is the best choice i've made so far this year.
    My CO toon
    Rethilious@leatherneckjr
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    A hero isn't always the first to step forward, sometimes he's just the only one not to take a step back.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast