Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: History of Unrepentant

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob. Dao Jones's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, that describes me to a T - except for the "hardworking", "laidback", and "never abusing his status" parts. I definitely have some commonality with a few of the prepositions and conjunctions, though!

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Maybe Preposition H....

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

A great read, guys, thanks. I can see so many parallels to guilds, clans, squadrons, families, crews, legions...etcetcetc in the games I've played over the years. Both those who've failed and those who've succeeded.

I think the greatest thing is how the U isn't just about one game, as so many fantastic groups of gamers fall apart when the game on which they met dies and the clan breaks up to go their separate ways. I've lost too many friends over the years when we've both moved in different directions in our gaming life.

See, now look what you've done, I'm getting all nostalgic.

Blog Entries
    On this day in Uey History we collectivley work up, took a deep breath, and - in a confused high we screamed at the top of our lungs "Whats going on?"

After many years and many battles both on and off the screen, Dao Jones has finally decided he doesnt want to be this guy:

Spoiler:

or this guy

Spoiler:

So he asked to be promoted to this guy

Spoiler:

So he could hang out with this girl

Spoiler:

and these guys

Spoiler:

And there was much rejoicing.

What lies next for the future of this band of miscreants who can say

http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/for...of-Unrepentant
    Last edited by foulsoul; 01-10-2015 at 04:50 AM.
    One who commands must, of necessity, be wildly imperfect, boldly pragmatic, capable of compromises impossible for the truly wise and the truly good.

Gibraltar Home of criminal monkeys and cheap booze
    Blog Entries
    Am I the only one who thinks Dao was pushed? I bet Foulsoul finally found the imfamous "Dao Jones donkey sex tape" and decided the time was right to plunge his dagger into the twatwaffle and steal his purple crown...
    Last edited by williamsond; 01-13-2015 at 01:53 AM. Reason: bad england

Blog Entries
    Wrong. Dao ran that tape at every meeting, just to warm us up.

Great read! Having had two guilds fall apart. It is good to know that the U is something more than a guild its a stable family.

Blog Entries
    Interesting backstory.

I've certainly been in several guilds in various games, but this is far and away a superior experience. The way the community is, outside of the individual games, is awesome. And in-game, i've never run with more friendly, helpful people - in any game.

Neat piece of community history. I can tell you some great communities have been formed out of the drama and rage of others piss-poor management. I can relate to both sides as I single handedly destroyed <A Guild Called Quest> in WoW on Eonar back in '05-'06. Learning from my mistakes I patched things up with the other leaders and guildies whom I considered RL friends and we went on to build a power house of a guild pre-BC. I share that to express gratitude to the former, current and future leadership as I know what it takes to be an effective game/community leader and the maturity it takes to know when to step aside and or share the burden of leadership. Oh and "the process works."

Amazing. Just fucking amazing. So simple, and so brilliant.

Why go on the same rollercoaster ride of transcendent highs and soul rending lows time and time again?
    Why not unlearn the paradigm of your gaming family has to be exclusively from your personal current favorite game?
    Why not create something that crosses game realm borders and bridges time itself?
    Why not ensure its success by assessing the nature of the soul of potential additions?

Bravo and well done. I hope I am able in some way to contribute to and become part of this legacy.

I am already inspired. :-)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10