Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Application for Starbird

And I was really beginning to enjoy our conversations Clarice

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob. Dao Jones's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starbird
    besides I look forward to your replies, it's almost like we are pen-pals
    Honestly, if you had any dignity in you you would have just moved on already. Are you one of those people that is so desperate for attention that even negative attention draws you like a fat kid to a plate of free brownies?

Anyway, shouldn't you be off working right now? A 60 hour work week implies 12 hour work days. Were I someone who worked 60 hour weeks (and I've definitely had more of those than I care to have had), I definitely wouldn't spend my precious relaxation time cybering with a bunch of people who have no interest in associating with me. Hell, I was at a client site from 7:30am until 10pm yesterday, and when I got home I didn't even want to talk to my friends, much less complete strangers.

Perhaps you've become addicted to us? If you need help, I can put you on some sort of 12 step program to wean you off us. I can simply ban you from posting here, and perhaps that will deter your hunger enough to set you on the path to getting clean.

Ok, assuming you are still here, let me explain something to you in a non-dickish way.

The whole idea of the application is more to see what kind of personality you have. Do you have the kind of personality that the guild could get along with, and are you the type of person who can take criticism as well as give it. Can you take a joke, and better yet, can you roll with it at your own expense.

Unfortunately, you have seriously failed to prove that you are someone who can relate or fit in with this guild. The immediate attitude, the refusal to complete the app even though it is stated that there is a reason for it, and not even attempting to make any progress just proves that you are not right for this bunch.

Sorry you can't accept that, but it means that we apparently can't accept you.

Such pretentious negativity I Like it!

Ahh the safety of numbers and the hive mentality. I just wanted to have a supergroup to run instances with. I'm bored as hell in this game and I thought you guys would be cool to hang out with. but if you are going to such sticklers.. well I guess not.

edit*

and I work 6 - 10 hour days my friend. Its really not that bad you should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belirahc
    Ok, assuming you are still here, let me explain something to you in a non-dickish way.

The whole idea of the application is more to see what kind of personality you have. Do you have the kind of personality that the guild could get along with, and are you the type of person who can take criticism as well as give it. Can you take a joke, and better yet, can you roll with it at your own expense.

Unfortunately, you have seriously failed to prove that you are someone who can relate or fit in with this guild. The immediate attitude, the refusal to complete the app even though it is stated that there is a reason for it, and not even attempting to make any progress just proves that you are not right for this bunch.

oh and a tip for later social interaction. You can't establish someone's personality through an application, let alone your compatibility with said person in 1 page worth of questions. I'm not trying to be rude but that is a weak excuse.

oh and a tip for later social interaction. You can't establish someone's personality through an application, let alone your compatibility with said person in 1 page worth of questions. I'm not trying to be rude but that is a weak excuse.
    Well, regardless, it is as simple as this. There was only one rule. Fill out the app. You couldn't do that, so therefore you cannot follow simple instructions. That means you are one of three things: Stupid, Lazy, or Anti-social. I am not really sure which, but as much effort as you are putting into continuing to visit and defend yourself against a bunch of sticklers, I can't call you lazy.

So we can narrow it down to stupid or anti-social.

Since you continue to come here and talk to us, I think we can knock anti-social off the list as well.

Hmmmm...what does that leave?

Do not feed the trolls.

Watching who?

Well, regardless, it is as simple as this. There was only one rule. Fill out the app. You couldn't do that, so therefore you cannot follow simple instructions. That means you are one of three things: Stupid, Lazy, or Anti-social. I am not really sure which, but as much effort as you are putting into continuing to visit and defend yourself against a bunch of sticklers, I can't call you lazy.

So we can narrow it down to stupid or anti-social.

Since you continue to come here and talk to us, I think we can knock anti-social off the list as well.

Hmmmm...what does that leave?
    Ahh personal insults are a great thing and a boon to societal progress.

you know I don't think I attacked one of your members once. Hmm..
    yet you seem hell bent on making pre-pubescent slanderous statements regarding my intellect. Which seems to be found in surplus quantities on the internet. Lets break down the facts bub. i filled the app and missed two questions due to your poor formatting and my inebriated vision. Your awesome fellow clanites decided it would be a good idea to poke fun and basically say I might as well not attempt a restructuring of my application. So I ask you, how would you respond? I'm sorry if you find belittling human beings funny but IMO its not cool and you deserve in the LEAST the little bit of harranguing I returned.

To be perfectly honest, i like this starbird dude and through this exchange feel much more informed about what he's really like than i usually do after reading most apps, even those elaborately rendered. For reals.

But also to be perfectly honest, I generally enjoy the smell of my own farts.

By any chance are you related to a 19yr old Airforce Sergeant?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast