Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Application for Starbird

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starbird
    Edit: if I might add, not paying attention to the instructions on how to format it and not bothering to answer several of the questions indicates that the process is probably giving valuable information right now. :?
    So its giving you valuable information that I don't want to be bothered with filling out an application to join a guild in a video game? I'm sorry but you are not going to find out about me as a person because I simply refuse to waste any more time being belittled on an application for a recreational activity.[/quote]

*shrug* Fair enough. Sorry to have offended you, but I think it's fair to say that this supergroup isn't for you. Enjoy the game!
    Your quote can be here! Just glorify or belittle me in an especially creative way!

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob. Dao Jones's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So its giving you valuable information that I don't want to be bothered with filling out an application to join a guild in a video game? I'm sorry but you are not going to find out about me as a person because I simply refuse to waste any more time being belittled on an application for a recreational activity.
    Yep. It tells us that you're lazy, and quit easy. Bye.

You don't know me. I work my ass off 60 hours a week, you are exactly the type of self aggrandizing "supergroup" you claim to hate. Good luck to you all :2thumbsup:

Nonetheless, I would still like to cast my vote.

You don't know me.
    Therein lies the problem. *That's* why we have an application.

You couldn't even be bothered to fill out a simple application, why should we bother with you? Working 60 hours a week isn't a license to be dick.

Blog Entries
    You don't know me. I work my ass off 60 hours a week, you are exactly the type of self aggrandizing "supergroup" you claim to hate. Good luck to you all :2thumbsup:
    Okay. Bye.

You keep saying you're leaving, and you keep not leaving.

I wasn't the one being a dick it was YOUR members making smart ass comments and posting smart ass pics in an attempt at belittling humor about my lack of information or formatting. The formatting on your application was so bad it was difficult even reading the thing much less attempting to fill it out. Like I said I don't know html and had a hard enough time figuring out the breaks. If you wanna feign indignity by saying I was abuser in the topic go right ahead but It's ridiculous at best.

Kinda funny that he spent more time responding then filling out the application. Just think what a great application it could have been if he had put the effort there instead. :roll:

"It's fuckin' game time!" - Titan Iapetus

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones
    Okay. Bye.

You keep saying you're leaving, and you keep not leaving.
    I was considering it but hell you accused me of being the quitting type. So I thought I would at least stay around long enough to change your mind.

Blog Entries
    I was considering it but hell you accused me of being the quitting type. So I thought I would at least stay around long enough to change your mind.
    But you don't want to be in our guild, because we're all jerks. I guess I don't see the appeal for you. Clearly, we're all arrogant, self-serving douchebags that make our potential applicants jump through absurd and unnecessary hurdles for our amusement just for the privilege of playing with us.

Such an abusive, pretentious group such as we are could clearly hold no interest for you. I would have imagined that you breathed a sigh of relief as you navigated away from our website, grateful for uncovering our debased, ugly inner nougat-y core before you made the horrible mistake of joining us. That you come back here to immerse yourself in our dreck makes me wonder if you are perhaps some sort of masochist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones
    But you don't want to be in our guild, because we're all jerks. I guess I don't see the appeal for you. Clearly, we're all arrogant, self-serving douchebags that make our potential applicants jump through absurd and unnecessary hurdles for our amusement just for the privilege of playing with us.

Such an abusive, pretentious group such as we are could clearly hold no interest for you. I would have imagined that you breathed a sigh of relief as you navigated away from our website, grateful for uncovering our debased, ugly inner nougat-y core before you made the horrible mistake of joining us. That you come back here to immerse yourself in our dreck makes me wonder if you are perhaps some sort of masochist.
    I make no qualms about hiding my masochism. If you would have asked I would have said I revel a good confrontation of words. In truth your application was boring, trite and un-original. After looking through the various rejected apps it became clear that apparently some, were rejected on the merit of being "dull" and not exactly what you were looking for without even giving any clear indications of what the hell you were really looking for.

In retrospect I do agree with your assumption that I can be a pompous, arrogant masochist but I get the feeling I'd fit right in. Funny how things work like that.

edit*

I like douche bags
    besides I look forward to your replies, it's almost like we are pen-pals

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast