Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Application for Starbird

Forum name of Applicant: Starbird@aliendefender

Which game are you applying for membership in? Champions Online
    Are you a member of any other guild in that game? No
    Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) Yes

Male or Female? Male

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with? 40 might based

How did you find us? Champions Online Forums

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? No

Tell us one thing we could do to improve our Guild Charter or Code of Conduct: Give out free beer coupons

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? No (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids)

Fully answer the following 5 questions:
    1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done? Marrying my first wife
    2. What is generally more important: the needs of an individual, or the "common good" of society?
    3. What is your Zombie Plan? Kill Them All
    4. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <name of drink>.
    5. Tell us about a conflict you had with one of your coworkers/guild members. How did you resolve it?

What has been your favorite class out of all the MMO's you've played? Mage in World of Warcraft. It was a very rewarding Ranged class with distinct advantages and disadvantages.

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you make below:
    Favorite Team: Seminoles FSU
    Favorite Movie: not sure too many, probably Schindler's List
    Favorite Book: Fabric of Reality
    Favorite Drink: Spaten
    Favorite Non MMO Game: Call of Duty series and Marvel Ultimate Alliance

May want to go back and try again... although, it may not even be worth it.
    [hsimg:2of1lt3b]http://www.unrepentantgaming.org/forum/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=242[/hsimg:2of1lt3b]

[hsimg:19hya3t0]http://www.citrus.k12.fl.us/staffdev/Social%20Studies/Images/History%20Sounds/Hindenburg%20explodes.jpg[/hsimg:19hya3t0]

Blog Entries

Poor formatting and can't even be bothered to fill out the whole app? Not very impressive at all...
    Your quote can be here! Just glorify or belittle me in an especially creative way!

Quote Originally Posted by Cim
    May want to go back and try again... although, it may not even be worth it.
    Whats the deal?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starbird
    Whats the deal?
    Take a look at the accepted apps, and compare and contrast to yours. If you fix it, then we'll probably consider you, but it's a very weak app as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonar

Poor formatting and can't even be bothered to fill out the whole app? Not very impressive at all...

Hey it was your guild leader who touted this being a "casual" guild. The fact that I had to even fill out a damn application only to be scoffed at is remarkable in itself.

If I may quote your recruitment. "Right now, some of you are saying "I have to fill out an application? Screw this - I'm looking for a guild, not a job"

Hey it was your guild leader who touted this being a "casual" guild. The fact that I had to even fill out a damn application only to be scoffed at is remarkable in itself.

If I may quote your recruitment. "Right now, some of you are saying "I have to fill out an application? Screw this - I'm looking for a guild, not a job"
    I hear ya, my brothers and sisters, I hear ya. I hate 'em too. But I only get 250 spots in the WildCards for members, and until they fix that I'm going to need to be more selective in who I recruit. The WildCards are a great bunch of folks, and so far the app process hasn't steered us wrong.

Edit: if I might add, not paying attention to the instructions on how to format it and not bothering to answer several of the questions indicates that the process is probably giving valuable information right now. :?

The questions I didn't answer I felt were irrelevant to an application of a video game. As for the formatting, I don't know HTML and I really don't care to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiserai

I hear ya, my brothers and sisters, I hear ya. I hate 'em too. But I only get 250 spots in the WildCards for members, and until they fix that I'm going to need to be more selective in who I recruit. The WildCards are a great bunch of folks, and so far the app process hasn't steered us wrong.

Edit: if I might add, not paying attention to the instructions on how to format it and not bothering to answer several of the questions indicates that the process is probably giving valuable information right now. :?
    So its giving you valuable information that I don't want to be bothered with filling out an application to join a guild in a video game? I'm sorry but you are not going to find out about me as a person because I simply refuse to waste any more time being belittled on an application for a recreational activity.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast